I just returned from acupuncture. I'm warning you now...if you're not into Chinese medicine at all/open-minded, you won't like this post. BUT before you judge, please keep in mind that she did tell me I was pregnant two weeks before a test did!
I anxiously awaited my visit to Dr. Hong today. After getting "cautious optimism" I was hoping for even more enthusiasm and hope. If you ever need a dose of it, Dr. Hong is your gal.
She immediately checked my pulse. She said, "It's very, very good! You're strong." She explained again that as long as I'm not bleeding and the baby doesn't abort itself that we're going to be ok.
I then told her about today's labs and what all the doctors said. As soon as I started telling her that the doctors think the gestational age of our baby is three weeks, but are hoping they're wrong on the calculation, she shook her head and said I was more two weeks.
Two weeks is what the doctors are hoping for! :0)
If I am indeed two weeks, the baby is right on target so far.
She told me she felt everything was going to be ok. After I sat back on the the table she started feeling both hands at the same time. She did this several times. She then giggled and jotted something down on my files.
I immediately knew what she was doing. She told me stories once before that she could tell the gender of a baby long before an ultrasound could. I'm on the fence with this one, but as Nick said, "She hasn't given us any reason to doubt her."
I looked at her and said, "Did you just write down the sex of the baby?" She then laughed again and said. "Well you're not optimistic so you don't want to know!"
She then told me she wrote it down so that I knew she didn't cheat.
I told her, "Ok, tell me what we're having then."
She replied with, "It's a boy!"
She explained that in Chinese medicine the right side is girl and the left side is boy. Whatever side the pulse is the strongest is the sex of the baby. She said she normally can't tell this early, but as of right now, my pulse is much, much stronger on the boy side. She told me she'd never say, "You're pregnant," unless she knew for sure.
She said she knew for sure on this one.
I couldn't help but smile and tear up. Even if she's wrong...I don't care. She is seeing a future for our baby and so am I. I have embraced every outcome. Nick and I will be heartbroken if we lose our angel but we have accepted that this is in God's hands.
I wanted to put it on the blog now in case our little miracle turns into an even bigger miracle. I want it to be known that Dr. Hong is an amazing, amazing woman. God really put her in our life for a reason.
We didn't buy pregnancy tests for the next two days. (We've been testing daily.) We decided we're going to savor these next two days yet again. We are going to love this baby more than ever. If we get great news on Wednesday, GREAT! We'll then look forward to our first ultrasound. If we don't get the news we're hoping for, we're going to hold each other and cross the bridge together.
This has been such a life changing experience already. This baby makes me want to be a better person in every shape and form. This journey has brought us closer to each other and closer to God.
Please continue to pray for us. Thank you so much!
PS- Pregnancy symptoms have hit. I. AM. EXHAUSTED.
and guess what????
I am loving every minute of it!
Maybe you didn't o until cd21... You'd only be 17dpo. Cm doesn't really match though. I'll keep on thinking of y'all and hoping for the best for you!
ReplyDeleteThe doctors and even Dr. Hong think that the baby just took longer to implant. And from what I have read, HCG isn't released into the blood until the baby attaches. Our little one may have just been taking his time getting to Mommy's womb! I hope so anyway.
ReplyDeleteI think your little one was shopping around for the best real estate to grow into the strong miracle they are!!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope you're right Burch! :0)
ReplyDelete