A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Today is a Good Day!

I went in to the lab after school for routine blood work. I'm anxious for this one. They put me on thyroid medication because they wanted my number to be lower because I was going through fertility. They are hoping my levels are 2.5 or lower. I was at a 3.95 before. I should find out my level by tomorrow. I think I started the medication in late August. We shall see what happens!

Also, I had three voicemails today! One voicemail came from insurance, one from Dr. Lang's office, and one from Dr. Figge's office! :0) All were calls confirming my appointment on Wednesday! My insurance has allowed the ART (assisted reproductive technology) consultation and any diagnostics. I LOVE my insurance and I thank God for this blessing. I have to try and have labs, ultrasounds, etc done in network (preferably Geneseo), but they said if it is a MUST to have something done in Figge's office, he would have to let them know and they'll have to approve it (which shouldn't be an issue because my fertility coverage states that anything deemed as appropriate will be covered; Figge decides what's appropriate).

It seems like everything will require lots of calling one another, signing of paperwork, faxing, etc...but all worth it!

Nick won't be going with me to this appointment. I'm pretty bummed. He is only allowed two personal days. After he uses them up, he will be pointed for each time he misses work and five points= termination. He hasn't missed work at all. We're both pretty paranoid about our jobs. I have only missed school for my wedding day- even then, I panicked! I guess I will have to get use to a few sick days if I turn into a mommy! Anyway, I know I will want Nick at the office during the HSG procedure and during our IUI procedure. I'll be meeting with Figge alone or with my parents. They always say to have someone there to take notes because it's always emotional and hard to catch and process everything. Who would have thought I'd be sitting with my mom and dad through a fertility appointment? Their car isn't very safe, so I may just go alone.

They told me that Nick won't miss anything super important. We were scared he would miss injection demonstrations but I guess they won't do that just yet.

I have my trusty binder, full of my medical records through this 15-months-and-counting journey. I'm ready to report, discuss, cry, give my hopes, and share my fears. I'm ready, docs! Fix me and give us our dream please! I am ready to be a mommy! :0)

Also, some good news! According to Fertility Friend...I ovulated! Now, I am not sure if they're doing a progesterone check on me (to confirm ovulation) or not, but I have solid cross airs on my chart. FF is telling me that I ovulated on CD15. My temp isn't very high, but it is higher and it does appear that I did ovulate. I would pee my pants if I became pregnant and the baby stuck this month!

Here's my pretty chart!

 Also, I have this odd feeling that my Chinese herbal formula is helping me. I don't know why. I just feel like it's getting rid of my cysts. I love that I can now take it without throwing up. I have neat tablets now! I have been able to take them and not feel too sick. The smell is pretty nasty and it gives me nasty burps, but I can handle that. After I finish this bottle, I can take capsules! Maybe I won't taste it all then.  
It's better than throwing up this time! :0) I love my acupuncturist!

No comments:

Post a Comment