It sounds cliche but you always hear characters speaking of destiny (i.e. Forrest Gump). I'm not sure how I feel just yet. I do feel that our life is in a way "mapped out". I also feel that we do have some control of our life. We control decisions we make, we control how we react to events in life, etc. I think all of that forms the type of person you are and your destiny may change a little with you.
Things in life are good. If we put the baby dream aside, things are great! Nick and I are very much in love, my career is amazing, we are about to have a home of our own, and overall family, friends, and we are healthy.
Nick sent me an email today telling me that has been moved to second shift. My heart sank. I knew it was coming. We both did. He starts on November 26th. From that moment on, I won't see my husband. Ever. Only on the weekends. I will be up at 5AM while he is sleeping. By the time I'm home from work, he will have already been working an hour or so. I'll be sound asleep when he gets home. I no longer have someone to eat dinner with every night. I know it could be worse. I think about the women that are home alone while their love is overseas.
People do it all the time, right?
I know you can't have it all at once. I can accept that. Nick told me we'd get through it, it wasn't forever, and we have been through worse. I know he's right.
He then wrote me and said, "Maybe it's happening because of a baby? ;0)"
Even then, I want my husband.
I also had a feeling of happiness come over me. Maybe he's right. We can't have it all. In a perfect world, we'd work the same shift, our kids could go to work with us, the bills were never an issue, and you always had money for your expenses. You would eat dinner as a family each and every night.
Nick and I will REALLY struggle if we have to put our child in daycare. His second shift will give him $1.00/hr more and he would be able to stay home with our baby. It may work out better in the financial aspect. I still want my husband though.
No matter what happens, I'm going to hold my head high and be thankful for his job even if I'm not happy with the shift. I'm going to be thankful that we are doing ok!
I just felt the need to write about this because if we have our prayer answered with this IUI, maybe that's why Nick was suddenly moved to second shift. Maybe it was meant to be. Maybe it's just another piece to our life puzzle.
No comments:
Post a Comment