A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

8 Weeks on 12-26-12

How Far Along: 8 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Your baby is growing at an amazing rate — about a millimeter every day — and now is the size of a large raspberry. Your little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though she has webbed fingers and toes, her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. Her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! And even though you can't yet feel it, she's now making spontaneous movements as she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds."


Weight Gain/Loss: +5lb, -1lb since last week
Maternity Clothes: No

Stretch Marks: No (other than the ones I have always had)

Sleep: I'm sleeping much better now! I now sleep on my side. I thought it would be hard to get into the habit of it and it wasn't!

Best Moment of the Week: I was introduced to morning sickness yesterday and it is happening again today. It makes this real. I don't enjoy throwing up. In fact, I hate it! I read that sickness can be a great sign of a healthy, growing baby. I'm ok with all of this! I also called Dr. Raconne's office. My friend recommended her and that is who Nick and I will be seeing after I graduate from Dr. Figge's office. It was exciting that we are planning for another milestone- being released to a regular OB.

Movement: No

Symptoms: I have no symptoms other than nausea, sometimes with vomiting. 

Food Cravings: I still love my fruits, veggies, and orange juice!

Gender: We're far from knowing! The majority are calling Baby Shehorn a boy. Daddy still thinks we have a girl in there.

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Smoke really bothers me. I can smell it on people and if people are nearby smoking, it makes me very sick, not to mention terrified. I also couldn't handle the smell of Christmas dinner yesterday.

Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Thankful, Relaxed, Rested, Loved, Blessed, Scared
Looking Forward To: January 3rd! It's our 9 week ultrasound. If all is well, we "graduate" from our Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) and move to a regular OB. It's bittersweet!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 


No comments:

Post a Comment