2011
and 2012 have been good years: career stability, married, becoming
homeowners, etc. It was also a rough time for us as most know: fert.
treatments and a shattered dream. I can say that it has done nothing but
knock us down only to bring us up even higher later on (took time to
see this). I am hopeful for what 2013 will bring us. I know 2013 will be
full of even more hope, love, and faith than ever before.
2012 overall, has been an amazing blessing to us. They're the things that I/we think about when the fertility stuff brought us down, that we're still so thankful for. We had some of our our friends come up to celebrate the new year. I felt so fortunate that I had a home, to show our friends. Not just any home, not just my home, but our home. I'm so lucky to be able to say that my love and I worked very hard together, and made this happen. My love. Someone who makes me feel wonderful no matter the circumstances. I am so lucky.
We were able to get this home because we have stable careers. I love what I do. I look forward to it. I feel great self worth from it.
We shared our home with our friends. I have learned a lot about friendship over the last couple of years. You really don't need a lot- just a few genuine ones. Nick and I always talk about how lucky we are to both agree and love the same people and call them our friends. We have some amazing people in our lives, who have always been there for us and would do anything for us. We're rich in this area. Our baby is going to know some wonderful people.
So as I look back to 2012, I can say it has been and is wonderful. It just so happens that the one blessing that we have been praying for, has been the challenge. It has been something that gave us so much heartache, that it was sometimes tough to recognize what was going right in our life.
I went to the liquor store with Nick last night to grab some wine and beer for the evening. I'm not a big drinker as it is. I do enjoy my glass of wine, an occasional drink if we go to a nice restaurant, or a nice cold beer while grilling out in the summer. I don't have to drink though. I couldn't have been happier last night when Nick put the beer and wine on the counter. I placed my Welch's Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Grape Juice right up there with the rest and smiled.
I couldn't have a drink with my wonderful friends, my loving husband, in my beautiful house. Why? Because I have been blessed yet again...I have a little bit of Nick and and a little big of Lyndsey growing inside of me. I can only pray that this time next year, Nick and I will be sitting at home with our five-month-old baby boy or girl, bringing in another wonderful year together.
I'm slowly becoming more and more comfortable. I am seeing more and more future ahead. I am growing closer and closer to this tiny little life (who's now about an inch long) inside of my now working body.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you God.
![]() |
| It's a good year... |

No comments:
Post a Comment