How Far Along: 17 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "My how your baby has grown! She's about the size of your palm, weighs
about five ounces, and is developing some body fat (join the club,
baby!). Her heart is now regulated by her brain (no more random beats)
to beat 140 to 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! What
else is up? She’s practicing the survival skills she’ll need at birth —
like sucking and swallowing. Learn more about your baby in week 17 and a baby’s body fat.
Weight Gain/Loss: +10lbs
How big is your baby at 17 weeks pregnant?
About five inches long and more than three and a half ounces — the
size of your open hand. (Open the other one too and imagine your baby
cradled in both your arms right after delivery!) Body fat (baby's, that
is) is beginning to form and will continue to accumulate through the
end of your pregnancy. By the time your baby is born, body fat will
make up about two-thirds of his or her weight (and will make all those
chubby parts especially yummy). Your baby is almost certainly
listening up by now. In fact, loud noises — the dog barking, the
doorbell ringing — will actually startle your baby (and also get him or
her used to such noises; for instance, fetuses who regularly hear a dog
barking will become babies who sleep right through Fido's outbursts).
Your baby's eyes (which have fortunately finished their migration to
the front of his or her head) are making small side-to-side movements
and can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed.
And since practice makes perfect, your baby is sharpening his or her
sucking and swallowing skills in preparation for that first (and
second…and third) suckle at your breast or bottle. In fact, most of the
survival reflexes that your baby will have at birth are being perfected
in utero right now. And here's some proof that your baby is truly one of a kind (as if
you needed any!). Within the next week or so, the pads on your baby's
fingertips and toes will become adorned with completely individual
swirls and creases (aka fingerprints)."
Weight Gain/Loss: +10lbs
Maternity Clothes: I
am wearing maternity jeans and it's time to boy some more! My belly is starting to push out now! I need the ones that go over the entire belly. I didn't want those at first but the elastic band on my jeans doesn't feel good when I sit down.
Stretch Marks: No (other than the ones I have always had)
Sleep: I've had some nights of tossing and turning lately. Nick said he almost took a picture of me the other night because I was tossing and turning and ended up on my back and rubbing my belly in my sleep. :0) Mommy loves her miracle!
Best Moment of the Week: Two days ago, we were able to hear baby's heartbeat and set up our appointment for the anatomy scan! March 25th can't get here fast enough!
Movement: YES! I think I can finally say I felt my first "for sure movement" last night! I felt three little poked in a row while Skyping my mom. Once I laid down I felt the same feeling, only softer. I haven't felt it since but I know he/she is very squirmy!
Symptoms: I am still having lots of round ligament pain, very sore lower back, and cramps that shoot into my crotch. That last one isn't very fun. It scares me. The OB said it's probably just baby growing and pushing on my cervix. I also have some small pressure down there. It's scary but I have to trust all is well.
Food Cravings: Chocolate, cottage cheese, fruits, veggies, A&W Diet root beer, mac 'n cheese
Gender: I still think it's a boy and Daddy still thinks girl. I'm starting to wonder if Daddy is right! We'll know on March 25th!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Excited, Anxious, Impatient
Looking Forward To: I'm eager for my OB appointment on the 11th. I want to hear Baby
Shehorn's heart beat again. I REALLY can't wait until our anatomy scan! We'll get to see our little boy or girl again! We're getting closer and closer baby!Picture of Mommy-to-Be:

Love it! ;) You look great!!
ReplyDelete