A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Monday, February 11, 2013

So. In. Love.

Today was another GREAT OB appointment. I got there and did the routine thing, peed in a cup, blood pressure check, etc.

My doctor came in and started off by asking me to ask any questions. I found out that she fully supports acupuncture and said I was free to go back to Dr. Hong. I am gaining just the right amount of weight (+4lbs since the last appointment), and I'm not hurting my baby by having so many ultrasounds. These were my biggest concerns. I asked about the "leaking" incident and she agreed that it was probably pee and/or that I'm drinking so much water that my cervical mucus thinned.

She then asked me if I was ready to hear baby's heartbeat. Am I ever? :0)

She found it fairly quickly. I asked her if the wives' tale was true (higher heartbeats= a girl and lower= a boy). She said that it's not true but it's sure fun to do at home. I agree. I love the guessing game! I still say boy and Nick still says girl. She told me today that if I'm going by the wives' tale that the beat was on the "high side" today. So apparently Baby Shehorn is a girl for today. The beat was 155 bpm. It was 146 at the 14w2d scan.

I don't care. I have a healthy baby that is here to stay! And that's all that matters! We'll continue to do the fun guessing game for another month!

Doctor told me to come back in two weeks for the quad marker panel and an OB visit. The visit after that will be our anatomy scan! We should know what we're having by the second week of March!

I then asked doctor when I could tell my students. She told me I could whenever I wanted. I told her I wanted to tell them so badly but if God forbid, something happened, it would be so hard for nine-and-ten-year-old kids to understand. She then quickly cut me off and said, "Lyndsey...I can't tell you that something is 100% but this baby is just fine. Nothing is going to happen. Things are great."

I couldn't even reply. She's right. I have no reason to think something will go wrong. I have decided that I will tell my students that I'm expecting once we find out the gender of the baby. I am comfortable with this. I cannot wait to share the news!

I love my angel in Heaven and I have accepted that this IS a different pregnancy. This is another chance. This is a different baby. My angel in Heaven is looking down on us and smiling, cheering his little brother or sister on.

I leave you with this tonight...another video of the most beautiful sound I will ever hear; at least until I hear the cry of our miracle upon delivery. I think it could be a tie. My body is working. I am pregnant. I have a beautiful growing child inside of me. I'm doing big things for our baby. I have the most amazing husband in the world and I cry when I think of the father he'll be. I have a beautiful home and a job that I love. Some may say happiness is having it all, being wealthy, etc. This is it for me. I am maxed out. I will soon have everything I have ever wanted and needed in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord for this life.

Please continue to pray with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment