A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Missing His Kicks...

I haven't really felt Gavin for about two and a half days. I of course used my doppler to check on him and we had a nice, strong heartbeat this morning. This anterior placenta thing may be why. I'm kinda bummed because it was so wonderful feeling him and lately I haven't felt much. Anyone else have an anterior placenta? When did you consistently feel your baby? I need a little reassurance.

I have called my OB and they pretty much told me if I did find a heartbeat on my doppler then to not worry and to trust that baby is just not very active right now. They're supposed to call back if the doctor wants to see me. She said they may offer to have have me come in to listen to the heartbeat but I can do that here at home. Maybe they'll find it better than I can. Today was rough trying to find it. The heart seems very distant. I'm wondering if baby is just snuggled in the back or positioned funny. 

2 comments:

  1. I had an anterior placenta when I was pregnant with Xavier. I didn't really consistently feel him until I was about 25 weeks which i thought seemed like forever lol. It will be even harder for Nick to feel him until he's bigger. One thing that always helped wake him up was really cold water and really cold oj. The sugar usually wakes the little guy up pretty quick! Hope that helps you a little bit.

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melody! That did help! I prayed last night for baby to give me a sign that he was ok. Shortly after dinner he kicked the crap out of me. He knew Mommy needed this! :0)

    ReplyDelete