How Far Along: 23 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin
will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning
this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!)
and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you
won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible
through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and
arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become
less transparent. Learn more about your baby in week 23 and fetal weight gain.
At eight inches and slightly over a pound, your baby is the size and shape of a small doll when you are 23 weeks pregnant.
(But then, you already knew that you were carrying a living doll,
didn't you?) This week marks the beginning of some serious weight gain.
Your baby's weight in the next four weeks alone should double (and you
may feel as though yours is too). You have probably heard your
developing baby's heartbeat through a Doppler a number of times already
(though you never get tired of hearing it), but by now you can also
hear it through a standard stethoscope. What a heart throb! Your
baby's skin is reddish in color now because of the developing blood
vessels underneath (remember, the skin is very thin still). It also
hangs loosely from his or her little body at this point. That's because
the skin grows faster than the fat develops during fetal growth. But
don't worry. By the time your baby is born, he or she will be
pleasantly plump and filled out — from chubby cheeks to chubby
toes."
Weight Gain/Loss: +20lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants all the time now and mostly maternity tops.
Stretch Marks: Some of my old ones are turning red again and I have a tiny start of some at the top (front and center) and sides of my belly.
Sleep: I
am not sleeping the best. I'm up several times at night to pee and I do
toss and turn. I have been having the strangest dreams!
Best Moment of the Week: Gavin is moving more. We also had to spend three hours in labor in delivery last night to make sure I wasn't having contractions. Everything came back normal and we even got to see him. He was a wiggle worm and doing great! It was a huge relief! He's head down so putting a lot of pressure on my cervix.
Movement: Yes! I feel him more and more throughout the day and at night. I LOVE HIM!
Symptoms: Growing belly, nonstop peeing, pressure, light/dull/achy cramps
Food Cravings: FRUIT!
Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Anxious, Eager
Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery painted soon, our next OB appointment (April 23rd), coming up on 24 weeks, etc.Picture of Mommy-to-Be:


Wow sister!!! By the time your at 9 months your going to be HUGE!!!! August is a miserable month too. Have fun. LOL love ya...:-)
ReplyDeleteCan I ask how tall you are?? Fellow pregnant lady here and I'm 19 weeks but not showing yet!
ReplyDeleteI'm a tiny bit under six feet! And don't worry! I have seen someone at 28 weeks and NO BUMP at all! Every pregnancy is different. That is what everyone tells me during this journey and I have to remind myself!
ReplyDeleteHaha well there goes my theory that I'm not showing because I'm tall (5'10") haha... Oh well!
ReplyDelete-SW