I am enjoying a snow day, watching you sleep in your swing, noticing the crusty mass that has formed around your nose yet again. I still find you absolutely adorable- even with a little cold and the dried snot to prove it. This feeling only sets in deeper and deeper- the feeling that your Daddy and I will unconditionally love you forever. At five months, you may not understand love, but you get plenty of it and we feel you love us right back.
You continue to make us smile multiple times throughout the day. You are screeching, saying, "Mama" "Baba" and "Mmmmm." You don't really associate these words with anything, at least not yet. It's still adorable to hear and I of course tease Daddy every time you say Mama! You can sit up on your own for about 10 seconds, sometimes more! You usually do better if you have a toy in your hand, something to keep you distracted/not realize that you're on your own. You love your feet and hands. You have now realized you can move your fingers one by one. You also discovered that your feet not only move, but your toes can wiggle! ANYTHING you get your hands on goes straight to your mouth. You go through three bibs or more a day because you drool so much! We actually think you may be teething already! You have many teething toys, but you'd prefer anyone's knuckle that's willing to stick it in your biting gums! You have also learned how to smack your lips and/or gums. It's pretty entertaining! You cough to get our attention and for your own entertainment. You now throw fits and show no tears. You'll literally scrunch up your face and whine. Sometimes I think you just do it because you like to hear yourself and you can't help but make the face. Other times you want us to get you out of your jumperoo and give you a change of scenery or pace. You grab Mommy and Daddy's face ALL. THE. TIME. And it hurts! Your little fingers pull, pluck, pinch, scratch, and twist! :0) You find it fun, to put your hand in our mouth and pull on our lips and teeth!
(continued on 1-13-13)
You are such a hungry boy! You are currently eating 7oz every 4 hours. You have a bottle and rice at 6:20AM, a 7oz bottle at 10:20AM, a 7oz bottle at 2:20PM, and a 7oz bottle and a vegetable at 6:20PM. You gobble every bit of it up. Mommy and Daddy plan to give a veggie and/or fruit with your lunchtime bottle soon. We're currently taking our time in introducing you to foods. We started with green beans (on New Year's Eve) and you hated them. This was your first food to try- mommy's decision. That didn't go so well. You spit it out, turned your head, made faces, and locked your lips. After a few bites, I gave you rice instead. It was funny see your mood quickly change and your appetite come back ha! You then tried squash (on January 9th) and liked it! We later tried sweet potatoes (on January 10th) and you liked them as well. Your favorite was yet to come! You tried carrots (on January 12th) and you LOVED them so much that you ate the entire container! We plan on having you try different veggies every couple days to make sure you have no negative reaction. We also plan on making you try everything at least ten times. I'm sorry to say you have eight more tries with the green beans my son! :0) We'll be introducing you to fruits soon! I hope you will be a good, clean eater as you get older!
Speaking of eating and growing...boy are you doing both! You are currently wearing nine and twelve months clothing! You are so, so long! You are still wearing a size three diaper.
You are still sleeping through the night! (I'm sure another regression is around the corner ha!) Mommy and Daddy THANK YOU for it! We put you down after a bedtime story, kisses, and a swaddle. You're usually wide awake and you go right to sleep on your own. You don't wake up until about 6AM! Mommy then gets you up and gets you ready for daycare and myself ready for work! I still miss you so much while I'm working! It doesn't get any easier! Mommy has just learned how to handle it much better! I'm also thankful I have a job I love!
We went home to visit a few days before you turned five months. Your Great Grandpa McLaughlin passed away. Mommy was very sad. You brought a lot of smiles and cheer to your Great Grammy McLaughlin! I know you made her feel better, even if it was just for a short time! You have the ability to make everyone around you so happy little man! I hope that you continue to do this as you grow. I want you to share your contagious smile and heart with everyone! I truly believe there is something so very special inside of you. I'll be excited when you discover what you believe it to be! Mommy and Daddy will be biased- we think everything about you is so special!
You have a few favorites and more personality to show! You currently LOVE your jumperoo! We love watching you, "go crazy" in it! In fact, I think I'll post the video I recorded of your jumperoo playtime. You also love your Crawl Around car that Santa dropped off at Grammy Goodwin's! She brought it up for Christmas! You love your chain links, Sophie Giraffe teether, toy cars, and cell phone. You also continue to amaze us with your attention span! You will sit through two or more Little Einstein shows if we let you! I hope this isn't a sign that you will love television ha! You also enjoy watching Mommy and Daddy play Donkey Kong on the Wii. You love your dog more than anything I think! You smile every time she passes by, scream at her, reach for her, pull her ears, poke her eyes, etc. She loves you too...even if she looks unimpressed by your efforts.
You like to snuggle blankets (probably because we never let you sleep with them through the night and only for naps that we can monitor) and you're getting pretty good at taking long naps around the same time each day. (Thank your babysitter for that one!) Mommy and Daddy also love to nap with you!
You Skype both of your grandmas quite regularly and we all enjoy that!
You had a play date with your buddy Hunter a few days before you turned five months. You kept trying to pull on him and his clothes so that you could bite him. We'll have to work on that when you get older mister!
You have started to have a few days of separation anxiety. You have had days that you wanted to be right with Mommy. It makes Mommy feel good, but I also want you to trust that there are other wonderful people that take GREAT care of you and love you the same amount as Mommy does!
You are getting stronger and stronger! You want to stand all the time, bend backwards when we hold you, squirm out of your bouncer chair when you're ready to get out, and more. You're a busy bee, soaking sponge, class clown, snuggling, huge-hearted, big-dimpled, adorable little boy!
You are the coolest kid on the block!
Mommy and Daddy love you so much buddy! You continue to make our smile bigger, hearts fuller, and energy lower.
I love you forever and always,
Mommy













No comments:
Post a Comment