A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Yes!

My Metformin was upped to 1,000mg two days ago and I'm down 6.5lbs since. This is why I need to see an endocrinologist- not just a reproductive endocrinologist, but a regular endocrinologist. My weight will literally jump 10lbs in a day and down 7lbs in two days. Something is wacky with my body. I'm hoping this will help with my efforts in weight loss, getting healthier, and trying for baby number two. My current family doctor isn't worried about PCOS unless I'm trying to conceive. I want help with it, not just getting pregnant.

Speaking of baby number two...

I'm at a new frustration. We both agreed it was time to start trying to expand our family. When we actually decided it was time, we took it seriously and started talking about all the expenses we'd have to be ready for. This led to, "Wow...can we even afford another child?" This led to me crying because we are a barrier before another possible barrier.

Needless to say, we are going to take a month or two to get our ducks in a neater row, so to speak.

I will say that I have a feeling secondary infertily can be just as painful as infertility. Secondary infertility is defined as the inability to become pregnant, or to carry a pregnancy to term, following the birth of one or more biological children. The birth of the first child does not involve any assisted reproductive technologies or fertility medications.

Gavin was through the help of fertility. I would not be new to this journey if we had to go through it again. I did say that I don't think I will feel that it's AS painful becasue I would alwasy think, At the end of the day, God answered my prayer. I have a beautiful, healthy son. I think I could still see and accept that silver lining if we do not have a second child, but I do realize I would be just as heartbroken if it didn't happen. I want Gavin to have a sibling, especially one close in age. I also want to have a home full of children. 

But...let's not cross that bridge until we get to it. Everyone keeps telling me that I may be surprised in the first month I decide to toss the pills out.

In the mean time, I am loving every minute of my almost 15 month-old jabbering smile! I just love him to pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment