A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Friday, June 26, 2015

Am I Nuts?



So, I just got off the phone with my reproductive endocrinologist's office. I couldn't help but wonder what their thoughts were. I found out a few things.


Dr. Figge is no longer working there. I was heartbroken and immediately wanted to panic BUT, my favorite nurse from there and I talked. She feels that we should bypass Clomid with our OBGYN and go straight to them to get the ball rolling. The new doctor in the office is a female. She specializes in infertilty and I think she said PCOS. This is reassuring. I'm sure she knows what she's doing!

My infertility nurse said that more than likely, the new doctor would just want to start with what was successful for us. They would be 100mg of Clomid + an Ovidrel trigger shot + intrauterine insemination (IUI) and my follicles were monitored via ultrasound to be sure we triggered at just the right moment. We were thankful for that because my follicles were totally ready to go at just cycle day ten (Thanks higher dose of Clomid)! That is pretty early! We triggered just in time and my egg was released...the rest is...well, Gavin! :0)

She told me that my OBGYN could easily refer me and they'd take over. She asked me if I wanted to do that. Why can't I just say, "YES!" dammit? I told her part of me felt like I wasn't listening to my OBGYN. She feels so strongly that we can do it on our own, or with minimal help. I just don't have that much faith in my body. I do think we'll conceive again, but I don't think we'll do it alone. I know my OBGYN said she won't start me at 100mg of Clomid because, even though my body didn't respond to 50mg, she doesn't want to jump right to it, putting me at risk for OHSS.

"Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) (is a medical condition affecting the ovaries of some women who take fertility medication to stimulate egg growth. Most cases are mild, but rarely the condition is severe and can lead to serious illness or death."

I told her I felt like a brat for wanting to jump right into it. She explained to me that it's normal in the fertility world not to wait any longer than you have to, especially the second time around. She told me time is precious, and even though I was still young, we know what works. In fact, her words were, "You know what you want and we know what works to give that to you!"

She told me I could even do just the one month of Clomid so I didn't feel like I was betraying her and then ask for the referral if that didn't work. I will admit that part of me is rushing because I'm on summer break. Do you know how much work I miss for routine labs, acupuncture, monitoring, etc?


I told her I'd give it a thought and be in touch. What is your outside perspective? Share with me!

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion only! I would say either get the RE referral right now or after just 1 month of 50mg and then ask for the referral. I can tell by your writing alone that this made you so excited compared to the last post about what your OBs options were! Why wait when it could all happen sooner.

    ReplyDelete