A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Monday, August 10, 2015

Just Waiting...and the Referral!

I'm currently in my two week wait. I started progesterone suppositories two days ago. It's being used to help ensure my lining is nice and squishy for baby to attach. Clomid can sometimes thin the lining of the uterus, so this will help with keeping it together until it's time for a period or time for a baby to grow.

I'm patiently waiting to find out if round one of Clomid helped us achieve pregnancy.  If not, I will be going to my RE on September 3rd for our consultation. We'll then begin the process of IUI. If it falls into the timing right, we'll be doing IUI on our sixth month trying to conceive. If it falls beyond ovulation for the sixth month, we'll obviously have to wait until our seventh month. This will probably include a higher dose of Clomid, injections, monitoring, and the actual procedure of intrauterine insemination. I have such high hopes that THAT will be our month, because it was what was successful last time. I wish I felt as optimistic for this current cycle, but time will tell.

My temps are much higher this cycle. This makes sense because progesterone is a heat inducing hormone. I haven't noticed any side effects from it yet, other than the inconvenience of having to wear a liner.

I know five months isn't long when comparing to the almost 18 months it took for Gavin, but I'm starting to get down. I just wish it would happen sooner and easier for us. I am watching people conceive their second child and I really can't wait to make Gavin a sibling and open our hearts even more to make room for Baby S #2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment