A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Appointment Down, Waiting for Results...

Today was my ultrasound. Nick ended up taking off work early to be there with me in case any results were given.

I was instructed to drink 32oz of water an hour before my 2:30 appointment. I am not very good at holding my pee. In fact, Nick tells me I have the bladder of an eighty-year-old woman on our rides home. (I guess he thinks it's ridiculous that I can't make an hour and forty-five minute trip to Lincoln HA!)

I was relieved when the ultrasound technician told me to pee because a full bladder is basically the "old school" way of doing things.

I will admit that I was praying in the bathroom during the quick moment to myself. I hoped that I'd see a baby on the screen. I knew to look for that pear shape with a little body in it. Nick held my hand and the process begin.

No baby. I was 99.9% sure we wouldn't see one, but I still held on to that bit of hope because I still haven't started. (I guess I forgot the fact for a split second that I didn't ovulate this month.)

The technician obviously couldn't tell me anything. I wanted to watch her face for any sign of worry. I couldn't because I was so intrigued by the ultrasound. I couldn't believe that I could see my uterus, follicles, edometrium, etc. We were able to watch the blood flow and listen to my own heart.

It wasn't a baby, a necessarily a good reason why we were there, but I have to stay positive. I am happy that we are seeking help/answers. I am so blessed to be married to the man I'm married to. Nick is on board, supportive, and patient. I wasn't myself this weekend and he really worked with me. I'm thankful that I have a husband that is committed to this, who wants this as bad as I do.

We are supposed to hear results in 72 hours. I'm thinking we'll be given the results of the lab work along with the results from the ultrasound. I'm not sure if Doctor L. will tell us over the phone or ask us to come in.

Until then I'm going to keep praying for an easy fix, some peace, and more love than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment