A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

NOW the Fasting Begins!

I didn't do the fasting blood work this morning because I didn't get it approved in advance. Well, I didn't want to show up late for work today and THEN ask if I could be late for work ha! My principal has been very supportive through this. I just had my last sip of water and no more food until after the blood is taken tomorrow morning.

This blood work is going to test for some other disorders that I may have, but doctor doesn't feel I do. It's basically just to rule everything else out. It's more protocol than anything. I'll be able to pick up my medicine after the blood work. So, it looks like I'll be starting Metformin tomorrow. I probably won't take it until I get home from work because I don't want to have some crazy reaction (if I'll have one at all) at school. I will be on 500mg for two weeks, and then will be doing 1,000mg of it. He wants me to start slow because many people do get very sick from the medication.

On a good note, I'm about 7lbs lighter today than I was yesterday! This is of course part of my list of symptoms, but I guess it's not so bad when you're on the down side of the weight fluctuating. Now that I'm more in tune with my body, it's crazy how much I notice the crazy weight changes. Dr. Lang told me weighing myself at the same time daily or every other day is not bad. Most people would disagree. He feel this will keep me on my toes because I will visually see how this affects my weight. I have to find some positive somewhere, right? Nick and I walked again last night. I've been trying to run to points that Nick will tell me to run to. It's working so far. I am very sore, but I do feel a bit better about myself. We're going to keep taking this one day at a time. 

Also, Dr. Lang's office called me today because Dr. Figge was in contact with them. I had to call Figge's office today to get preregistered, insurance business, etc.

My appointment with Dr. Figge (our now reproductive endorcinologist) is set for May 24th at 10:00AM. I'll probably ask one of my parents to go with me. I am trying not to miss work/have Nick mess work. It's just a consultation, but I'm worried if Nick should be there or not.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the last series of tests for now. So far, everything was normal in my last lab, other than the testosterone level. My thyroid was good, hemoglobin (he actually said I had an impressive count for being a woman....whatever that means), lipids, etc. 

I'll post tomorrow night after I take my first dose of Metformin. To everyone reading and commenting, thank you for all the support.

I've been really clinging to it [support] lately. I don't know what I'd do without my family. My friends have been wonderful, but I just don't think they understand. I really am at a different place than most of my friends. I'm the "old married one" that wants a family. I think it's hard to connect to that, let alone a disorder that makes it harder for us to have children. I understand if it's hard for them to talk to me. I know some of my friends feel they don't know what to say. To be honest, I don't think I really need to hear anything other than keep working hard with this. Maybe just listen, not even feel advice has to be offered. I know the world doesn't stop because of our struggle. I am really working on not talking about this so much, other than on here. We unfortunately can't move on from this. We have to stay determined, keep trying, BUT not let it take over our life. *SIGH* I'll be ok though.

No comments:

Post a Comment