Well, this morning was a terrible morning! I have been poked and prodded, not taken care of, and humiliated! I haven't eaten since 8:30PM last night. I went to the lab at 7:30 this morning and they drew blood. After thinking everything was over, I was wrong.
They then gave me this orange glucose drink and said, "Ok drink this and come back at 9:30!"
Excuse me? I didn't know I had to come back! I told them I'd try to figure it out and be back at 9:30, but I wasn't for sure. They didn't give me instructions with the glucose drink. I read the bottle and it said to drink it in 5 minutes and draw blood in an hour. The lab gave the the direction to drink it, come back at 9:30, which was two hours later. I doubled checked that that's what they wanted me to do.
No one told me this! I was so upset! I ended up calling work on my way to work. I already came in fifteen minutes late today for labs, but that was approved. I didn't have a sub lined up because I didn't know this was going to happen! I cried to my boss but she has been very supportive. She ended up covering my class for me so that I could go back for another blood draw at 9:30.
There's more...
I arrived to he lab. They immediately looked at me like I had done something wrong.
"Uhmmm....did you leave with this?", the lab tech asked.
"Yeah, they told me to drink it and come back at 9:30."
This led to managers coming out and other lab staff.
Apparently, I was supposed to drink the glucose drink within five minutes and stay for monitoring. I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DRIVE! OF COURSE! What if I had a reaction? Other than feeling jittery and my skin feeling on fire, I feel ok. I know people make mistakes, but when in the health field, you can't really have room to make mistakes that endanger other people. I had to tell them what happened, what was instructed of me, etc. They had to call Dr. Lang and figure out what exactly he wanted done. They kept apologizing. And I know it wasn't on purpose no matter how crazy it sounds to mess up lab directions. The lady asked what I was having the labs for and I just became angry and I told her I can't have a baby as easily! This is supposed to be my last lab before getting some treatment. I'm now a day behind. I now have to go to my boss and tell her this day, my absence, etc was nothing because of your negligence. I now have to go to my principal and ask to miss work again tomorrow.
So now....I have a headache, I'm hungry, and I feel like I'm on speed. And I have no lab completion.
I will be fasting AGAIN tonight to start the same thing tomorrow. I'll drink it at 5:30AM, go in to the lab at 7:30AM, draw blood, and then head to school.
It looks like Metformin will be put on hold again. :0( I'm just ready for treatment.
Tomorrow is a new day and I'm not going to let a bad morning affect my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment