I toughed it out through school today but I was in terrible, terrible pain. By the time I got home, I could barely walk. I talked to Dr. Lang's nurse (I had to return her call) and I mentioned that my pain was still there and just needed doctor's reassurance that I was ok.
Dr. Lang was paged and immediately called me. He listened and then told it it was time to go to the ER. After being poked and prodded yet again, they gave me the news.
I have never been so happy to have a BLADDER INFECTION in my life! :0)
I was so scared that they were going to tell me I had Endometriosis, or ectopic pregnancy, etc. The pain was that bad! I had absolutely no signs of a bladder infection and they kept pushing pregnancy tests because I hadn't had a new cycle yet! I'm on day 57 of my cycle.
Nick was entertainment in the ER room. :0) He hates needles so watching me was pretty entertaining. He told them, "We'd like a bladder infection with a positive pregnancy test, please." I don't know why I found it so funny, but I laughed pretty hard. Maybe it's the relief pouring into my heart.
I have been diagnosed with PCOS and Impaired Glucose Tolerance. The two are enough. The two have forever changed our lives.
The ER doctor was very sweet and shared hope with me. He told me his cousin had PCOS and after small weight loss and the help of Metformin (the diabetic drug I'm on), she was pregnant in eight months. The nurse that took care of me also has PCOS. She has a daughter named, Lindsey. Lindsey was the only child she was able to have, but it's still her miracle baby nonetheless. I smiled. It is people's hope, prayers, and belief that continue to make our strength even stronger.
I will beat PCOS and I will not let diabetes happen. Thank you for the support. I am feeling so uplifted today.
My mom and sister, Brandy are coming up tomorrow night to stay with us. They're taking me to my specialist appointment on Thursday. I'm eager to meet Dr. Figge and see what he has in store for us.
Please continue to pray with us.
I am relieved for you! Take care of yourself.
ReplyDelete