A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Update for Today...

Well, the lab called and my glucose tolerance test from this morning came back. My glucose 3hr pp was 77 and right on target. Again, the only thing that was high was the fasting glucose blood test from yesterday. It wasn't that high, so they're not too worried. They think it could be part of my insulin resistence from the PCOS.

This means...I can start Metformin today! Finally! I have managed to lose 13 pounds this month. I gained 8lbs last week and today I'm down 7lbs. I have managed to keep my weight off and maintain it/lose for about half a week! This is big news!

I started counting calories, staying away from sweets, and Nick and I have been walking every night. Once I start the Metfomin, I should be able to control the insulin resistance and with working out, I could possibly break that barrier and lose the weight! It won't be easy, but I'm optimistic. I'm going to be on the lowest dose of the medication so it WILL take some time to start working if it chooses to do so. I have to remember that. "Even miracles take time" -Fairy Godmother, Cinderella. This quote made me smile because I'd like to think that this is what will be in my cards. Maybe I'll turn into a beautiful princess haha. No, you know what I mean. Maybe all of this was to motivate me to love myself more. To take care of myself. And to appreciate my children. Maybe after my wonderful health makeover it will all work out. I just have to remember to be patient. It's very hard, but I know I need to be healthy before a baby comes anyway. It may not be what I want to hear, but it's the truth.

Oddly, staying away from sweets hasn't been hard. I'm so aware of my body now, that I'm desperately trying to "fix" it. I'm feeling optimistic today.

I'll be going home to visit my family tomorrow. I am excited but very hesitant, too. I miss them so much, but part of my treatment is to stay away from stress. I know that sounds super generic, but it's TRUE! Stress messes with hormones. And when you have a hormone imbalance disease, it's not a smart thing to take on.

I'm hoping I can have a good visit and not be brought down by some of the things that occur back at home. I have placed people aside from my life that are continuing to hurt me, my family, etc. This doesn't make stress go away, but at least I'm not constantly knowing what some of my family members are doing and more. It really does need to be about me, us, health, stability, and love.

I plan to go home, visit with my mom and dad, grade some papers, and get report cards ready in my pj's. I have to do wedding stuff with my best friend, but hopefully we'll knock that out right away. 

I'm ready to really take this thing on and overcome it. Nick and I have eaten up all of our groceries so we can really buy "clean foods" as the PCOS Diva would say!

I am hoping that I won't be sick this weekend either. The meds will hopefully agree with my body. Please pray for me that they do. Feeling sick daily on top of this won't be fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment