A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Friday, May 11, 2012

Metformin

I took my first dose of Metformin last night. Thankfully, no side effects yet. The only thing that happened was a metallic taste in my mouth. I can handle that!

I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm officially back to -13lbs! So far, no weight gain in a couple days!

I took my second dose of Metformin this morning. It could take weeks for it to really have an effect on my insulin resistance and to lower my testosterone, but it doesn't make me feel the need to eat. This could be a good thing!

I have been told I crave sweets and carbs because of this, but in the last week I've been able to avoid them. I honestly think it's by my own doing. I'm pretty much scared to death to turn into a diabetic, gain any more weight, etc. My life back [and a healthy future] is a pretty good motivator I suppose!

I'll check in later! Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment