Sharing our journey of HOPE, in one day sharing our love with ANOTHER child...
A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Wish Us Luck!
Tomorrow is our appointment with Dr. Lang. We are making a list of questions tonight so that we can be prepared and not regret anything tomorrow. Nick and I may be recommended to a specialist already, but if they don't, we feel it's best to go to one. I have an endocrine system disorder and a reproductive endocrinologist is someone that would monitor me more closely. We're really trying to do everything possible so that we can avoid going through In Vitro Fertilization. I am understanding this disorder more and more. I'm still so heartbroken, but since the news on Wednesday, I have found ways to be optimistic. Even if we weren't trying to start a family, it's good that we know I have this. It explains why my body gains weight so quickly and why my stomach has gotten so large. I'm am at risk for Diabetes and I don't want to live my life with that. This has jump started me to really try to take care of myself, even though it will be harder than the average woman. This is something that needs to be in control, baby or no baby. Maybe this will help me feel better about myself. I'm hoping to get some insight on my diet, but from my understanding, I have to have a low carb, high protein diet. Gluten free is also something I have to follow. Nick and I walked last night. I attempted to run. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. We bought a wiffle ball and bat today and played outside. I have to always be active or it triggers the symptoms. We'll be walking again tonight. My life really isn't going to be the same, but at least I'm going to do something about it. Wish us luck tomorrow. We're both very nervous, but if Dr. Lang is optimistic, so are we. We'll also be looking into an acupuncturist and possibly a nutritionist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Lyndsey, I just came across your blog via your post to the PCOS Diva on FB. I have to say I'm sitting here at work and tears are welling up in my eyes, it's like I am reading my exact life story! I was just diagnosed with PCOS in February of this year and then with Hypothyroidism in March. It has been a very emotional few months and whenever I start to feel better about this, something knocks me down again :( I have a very supportive family and friends, but I still feel like they do not understand the complexity of this disease, the pain, the emotional roller coaster, the weight gain, and the constant thought of "what if I can't get pregnant," I was just married June 11 2011. I seriously can bareley get through writing this without crying right now, the past few days have been bad. I certainly don't mean to upset you, I just want you to know that I appreciate this blog, because I'm feeling exactly like you are. People saying, "it's not that bad, it's treatable." Sometimes that only makes it worse for me because I can't help but think, they don't know that. I have terrbile ovarian pain the few days before and during my period, it hurts to bend over, some mornings it takes 10 minutes to put shoes on. I'm constantly tired, stressed, anxious, and sad, followed by brief moments where I'm happy and try to put this behind me. Anyway, this is turning into a rant, but I just wanted to say thank you for putting into words EXACTLY how I have felt the last few months. I look forward to reading more of your blog and good luck at your appointment today!
ReplyDeleteHeather
Hi Heather. I'll be honest, I didn't think I was going to be so willing to share all of this personal information. I have been bottling up ten months of trying to conceive and the disappointment, trials, tears, and smiles that come along with it. I was becoming such and unhappy person and that's not me at all! I love to write, and I realized once I told a few people what was going on, others shared very similar stories. It made me realize that I'm not alone! This is a serious condition, but I have hope that I/we will have success! I'll check in later tonight. Are you seeking help for your PCOS?
DeleteYes, my gyno first diagnosed it when I went in for an ultrasound due to the severe pain I was having. She changed my birth control, I was on the Nuva Ring for a few years, now to Femcon FE, she said the hormones are better for my high testoterone. She also prescribed the Metformin, 500mg to start. For 2 weeks I had horrible bathroom issues! I made an appt with an endocrinologist just to get a second opinion. He is WONDERFUL! Took an hour with me at our first visit and explained everything thoroughly! He wrote me a new script for Metformin Extended Release and told me to up it every week to get to 2000mg, that only took 3 weeks, the side affects are almost minimal with the ER. I haven't been dieting and excersing however, I work full time and have been in night school, my final is actually tonight. So I'm hoping after this I can take this summer to make time for myself and really get heathly and feel good. My endo also found my hypothyroidism by doing a throat ultrasound after my bloodwork came back abnormal. You may want to have yours looked at also, my is not enlarged but has inflamation, that will only get worse over the years. Thyroid inflamation is caused by Hashimoto's disease, an auto immune disease where the pituitary gland attacks the thyroid. Makes sense that women with PCOS have this also because of the already present hormonal imbalance. Anyway, looking forward to your next post and to see how today's appt went!
DeleteHeather,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that more was added on your plate. :0( Thyroid issues run in my family. So does anemia, but oddly I've been checked and it's all ok. I don't know how because I see my mom and sisters go through it and it's not fun. :0( How long ago did you see your RE? I'm anxious to meet mine. I heard from a co worker that he is fabulous!