I woke up this morning having terrible hot flashes. If this is what our mothers go through, but on a daily basis through menopause, I feel terrible for them. I was up drinking water, laying in front of the fan, and losing clothes. It was somewhat humorous but fun at all.
I called Dr. Figge's office today. I am anxious for a couple reasons: 1) My last cycle was 66 LONG days. Is it going to take that long again to ovulate? I don't think I ovulated until CD54 last time. Ugh. 2) I'm supposed to call the RE as soon as we get a positive OPK strip so they can order a progesterone blood test. Anything over 10 means I ovulated. We're leaving for our honeymoon next week, so I may not be around for lab work. Is this a problem?
I got some really reassuring news this morning. IF the Clomid is going to cause me to ovulate, it will work before CD21, which would be June 20th. I'd be in Myrtle Beach, SC if it happened around the "late" end of the deal. They told me it's not the end of the world if I miss this lab, but they needed that information to determine whether the Clomid dosage needed to be adjusted for round two (if needed). I felt super lame for asking, but I asked if I could do the lab on vacation, if needed. They actually responded differently than I thought they would. I was expecting, "RELAX lady!", but really she said that it was a great idea. She told me if I find a lab near our resort, I can give them the phone number, and they'd fax the order to the lab so I could have the blood drawn. I know some of you are thinking, "Lyndsey just enjoy your honeymoon." Really, all I have to do is go in, let them draw blood, and I'm out. It will take twenty minutes out of our vacation. And if we're going through fertility, it's wise to follow all the steps they're giving us. We're paying for all this after all.
So good news, if the Clomid will work (meaning make me ovulate), it will work in the next two weeks and if I have to have blood work done over vacation, it's doable! Now I can relax a bit more about this!
It should not take so long to ovulate this time. There is a chance the dosage may not be high enough, but I don't see them making you wait two months. GL :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kal!!! I'm excited! I sure hope it works this round! If not, I know I have three more rounds to try before moving on to the next decision!
ReplyDelete