I am just going to take a deep breath and continue to give it to God. Today was my fourth day of a + OPK. It went from great news to NOT good in a matter of two days. I called my RE to let them know and they told me that multiple positives over a few days usually signals a hormonal imbalance. Well yeah....I have PCOS- why I'm in this mess to begin with. She told me that I may be one of the unlucky women that can't rely on OPKs. Some of you may say, "well that's not a big deal, just keep planning the romance."
It's not romance when it becomes work. At least with OPKs, we only "made it work" on a day or two and the rest was romance. And if someone tells me to relax and quit trying, be prepared to get an ear full! You can't NOT try when you're trying get pregnant. Especially when you're going through fertility treatment. That's not an option for us. It's not one of those things that will "happen when we let it go." No, I have a disorder that makes it hard to get pregnant. If we don't try, we really have no chance.
Not to mention I have gained 5lbs in two days. My first gain in weeks. I went from -17lbs to now only -12lbs. I can see why women give up. I'm not going to though. I've already come this far. I just have to step it up. If that means avoiding some fatty foods over our honeymoon, so be it.
Dr. Figge's office said that I may not have ovulated now that they know this information. My temps look like I have, and I very well could have, but I'm not supposed to be giving my hopes up. The blood work will confirm or deny it on Monday.
We're headed to Chicago around 4:00 today to spend time with my cousins. My bags are packed, I have some new "diva shades", and I have a very handsome husband to share the beach with in just one day. We have saved and saved and made so many sacrifices to enjoy this honeymoon, and that's what I'll do!
Prayers appreciated of course for a safe flight and if it's not too much to ask, maybe continued prayers for a pregnancy? :0)
"HOPE MATTERS"
No comments:
Post a Comment