A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Friday, July 27, 2012

Another Day of Optimism

I went to another acupuncture appointment today. Dr. Hong asked me how my new cycle was going. Oddly, I hadn't realized the difference until someone asked. I haven't had cramps or anything bad that I was experiencing with my periods. She said this was a good sign that the acupuncture was helping!

She said that my kidney energy was still very, very weak. With healthy eating and working out, maybe I will strengthen that. I'm still learning about all of this Chinese medicine, but from what I remember, the kidney energy is the most important part to keep healthy, so that kinda stinks. She wants me to continue eating warm foods, avoiding dairy (which has been a challenge) and eating more black beans!

I am skeptical in many areas, but she is really making me believe that sometimes our Western medicine is used to treat the condition, and not the patient. She wants to get down to the nitty gritty and fix me! She takes my pulse all over the place. She told me that she knew I wasn't pregnant last week when I came in for an appointment. I looked at her because I just don't understand how she can tell from my pulse. She then said in her very sweet voice, "WHAT! You don't believe me?" I shook my head telling her no. She then said, "How did women know back then?" :0) She told me that if she feels that I'm "pregnant" she will tell me and we'll do a test there so she can prove me wrong. She also said she can tell me the gender of our baby. I'm loving this woman more and more. She's healing my heart most of all. I really feel a bit more at peace with this struggle.

I am down almost 19lbs. I'm not seeing a huge difference yet, but I can tell. I was able to at least get a dress over me today at Target. I haven't been able to do that since I lost weight back in high school. I had put on 80lbs since then.

Nick's CT scan of his head came back showing no abnormalities. He has another doctor's appointment to see why he is having these headaches. I still think it's because he quit smoking over a month ago. I just thank God that he's ok. I don't know what I'd do if he weren't here with me.

I am still optimistic that we will be parents. I'm still under 26 years old and we have time to figure this out. I'm not sure what the plan is after this round of Clomid, but I'm looking forward to just getting the HSG over with and moving on to the next treatment option. I'm going to continue to try to be a healthier person. It can only help us. I slacked and ate a lot of donuts and muffins this week! :0( I think I was being an emotional eater.

I started Clomid yesterday. Ick. I am already having hot flashes and moodiness. It seems like I notice it more and more with each round. 

I feel good. I feel that even better things are coming soon. We'll see what's in store.


No comments:

Post a Comment