I just called the lab. My progesterone was 17.3! I ovulated! Round 2 of Clomid was a success! :0) The number was lower than last round (23.4) so I called Dr. Figge's office to see if that mattered.
Dr. Figge's nurse said that anything over 10 in the progesterone department is good. They are happy with the number. She said the number was higher last month because I possibly had more follicles.
They also did a thyroid check on me. They told me that my level for this was 3.95. She said this was considered a normal level. My entire family has thyroid problems but me. I have always been shocked with that. They are still putting me on a thyroid medication though.
Apparently a newer study has shown that fertility patients have more success if they keep their thyroid at 2.5 or lower. She threw the word sub clinical hyperthyroidism to me. I'm not quite sure what that means.
I now have to have my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) checked every six weeks. I have to go to the pharmacy today to pick it up and begin. *sigh* That now leaves me pumped with more drugs.
I can't complain though I guess. If the thyroid medication will also help with my stupid, pain-in-the-butt hormones, then fine. They're the entire reason I'm in this mess to begin with.
I hate PCOS. I hate it with the passion and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Fingers are crossed for a pregnancy but my hopes are low.
I have a feeling I'll be looking to start round three of Clomid. As of right now, they have no different plan for that. They think my odds will be better with Clomid, Metformin, and now a thyroid medication. Again, at this point I'm willing to try anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment