After crying myself to sleep last night, I remembered an article I read about states that are required to provide infertility coverage- Illinois being one of them. I decided that I should call my insurance even though I didn't see IVF on the form.
I talked to Jennifer, the same woman that broke things down to me before. She has been an angel! She told me that I have no maximum. I have already paid my $150 deductible for the year, my out of pocket maximum is only $500. She told me if they recommend IVF, it won't be for a few more months for sure. I'd probably start a new year. She told me as long as things were authorized by my regular OBGYN, she sees no reason why IVF would cost us more than $500! It sounds too good to be true, but she's our insurance lady. I don't want to give my hopes up on that, but to know that IVF can/will be covered made my day! As long as this holds true, I am back to not worrying about it.
Have I mentioned that fertility is a roller coaster? ;0) Please keep praying for us!
Now watch that you don't need it! Keeping my fingers crossed for your bfp soon.
ReplyDelete