A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's GO TIME!

After doing this month after month, you really get to know your body. I just felt huge yesterday. I told Nick that I thought my ovaries were on steroids yesterday. I guess I now know why! :0)

I got to Dr. Figge's office today around 8:00. As always, I'm greeted with a friendly smile when I walk in. No paperwork this time, nice!

I began flipping through their photo album again. I can feel it. We're so close. We too, will be able to send a picture of our little one! All because of God, damn good doctors, and a small, but mighty positive acupuncturist. I feel like we're so close. Maybe it's because I have been pregnant once before? Maybe it's because I have had an HSG to ease my mind? Maybe it's because of the IUI? I don't know but I just have more hope than I have ever had. If it doesn't happen on IUI#1, I believe it will happen on the next few.

I entered the room for my ultrasound. The woman was very sweet. She talked to me about our angel in Heaven and we agreed that he is rooting for us right now.

I was immediately in pain when she began searching for my ovaries! Why? Because they're beefed up as crap! As she was "digging around in there" she stopped and said, "Wow! A NICE sized one!"

I immediately jumped and said, "WHAT!? Already!" I'm only on cycle day 11. I usually don't ovulate until cd15-19. She measured it. It was 24mm. Dr. Figge wants 18mm-20mm.

She then searched my left ovary and found ANOTHER mature follicle! She told me that that one was 22mm.

We also looked at the lining of my uterus. She said it was nice and thick, perfect for a baby implanting!

I was able to take pictures! They also printed pictures for me because they know that most women going through this keep some sort of scrapbook of their journey. This is my scrapbook. I plan on printing this blog one day and having it made into a book. I want our children to know how much we prayed for them and cried for them. I want them to know just how much we loved them before we even met them!

I was taken into the meeting room after the ultrasound. One of my favorite staff members came in. She sat down and smiled at me.

"Have you and your husband talked about twins? Are you still ok with that chance?"

"Absolutely."

"Ok, good because we're going to trigger you NOW. They're on the borderline of being too big so we want them triggered and fertilized now."

"Wait, what? So IUI is tomorrow?"

She smiled and said, "IUI is tomorrow."

I began to tear up. I explained to her that I was so hopeful but so scared of it failing.

She told me that they unfortunately can't tell me how it will turn out, but they said they have hope.

"Also, the success happens in the first three rounds most of the time. This is only round one."

I have to accept that. If it doesn't work this cycle, I'm going to get my cry out and move forward. We know know that 100mg of Clomid really gets me ovulating sooner. This is good news. We know that my tubes are clear and my uterus is fine. This is good news. I'm doing my best to cope with PCOS. This is good news. I am going through acupuncture and chiropractics and it has made me relax....even better news. I have the most hope that I have ever had in my life. That is what scares me ha! Can I handle being let down?

She then explained how I can give myself the shot. I asked if Nick could and they said yes, but they really wanted me to give myself the shot as soon as I got home. I then realized that I was a sissy. I wasn't afraid of the needle, but afraid of doing it wrong and messing this cycle up.

I was brave and said, "Allie, would you please give it to me?"

She laughed and told me, "of course!"

They sent my order to Sam's Club (apparently the other pharmacies don't carry trigger shots for fertility, but a Sam's does). She told me to tell them I was a patient and they'd let me go to the pharmacy.

I bought my shot. Insurance didn't cover it. So all my FF buddies out there...it was $105.00.

I drove back to Dr. Figge's office. It was jammed packed so Allie took me into her office and told me to drop my pants ha! She then showed me how to use the syringe, get the air bubble out, etc. I then told her I'd try it with her watching. I got the fat pinched in my hand and took the needle.....I chickened out ha! I was so scared that I wouldn't put it in the correct angle and there's really no way to do it! She then took and it stuck me with it! :0) God bless her! She laughed and told me, "See you tomorrow at 10:00!" I think I keep them entertained with my enthusiasm for what they do for me.

I found out what will take place tomorrow. Nick and I will go in. He gives his sample and they was it for 45min in some crazy device. They take out the semen and replace it with a nourishing liquid. After it's washed, a catheter is ran to the uterus and they run the mix through the tube with air. They said it's not too painful but it will hurt during one part. Something about hitting the uterus....I didn't even ask for details ha!

We wait 15min and we can go!

How am I feeling? Hopeful, anxious, excited, thankful, loved, blessed, scared, sad, bloated, hormonal, headache, sore back, abdominal fullness, and hopeful. Oh, and hopeful!

We'll be praying and I'll be taking it easy for the next couple weeks. Please pray with us! Here are some fun pictures!

Right ovary has a huge 24mm follicle.

Left ovary has a huge 22mm follicle.
Check out the nice temperature dip for ovulation!



My injection of Ovidrel...

Update: About two hours after my trigger shot, my LH surge began! WOOOOOOOHOOOO! My body is doing what it should thanks to medicine! I smiled right back at that wonderful smiley!
 




    4 comments:

    1. YEEHAW! Prayers coming all the stronger! Love you!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Now imagine having 25+ of those sized follicles in your ovaries. That's how I feel right now. :P


      Good luck! I hope it works out.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Good Luck~~~are you going to test out the trigger?

      ReplyDelete
    4. I was so pleased to read the last few of blogs of yours!

      ReplyDelete