A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Keep the Signs Coming...PLEASE!

Today is another day of "not feeling pregnant." I feel perfectly normal. In fact, I felt so normal that I used my very last pregnancy test today. The test line turned bright red before the three minutes were even up! I never get tired of taking them or seeing those two lines. For 17 months I have only seen one line (until our first pregnancy in September of course) and I still get emotional at the sight of them. I am pregnant. Why doesn't it feel more real? I think any new mom would be nervous, but I really think it's hard to accept it after having a loss. This truly is a dream come true. We're anxiously counting down the days until we can see our little bean. I pray each night to God asking to watch over our baby and to keep him/her growing healthy and strong. I thank God daily, often more than once for this chance.

We went to church today. I didn't "bargain" with God. I basically realized that this journey has brought Nick and I closer to God. He answered our prayers and we are forever grateful. I think church makes sense! Nick was more on board to join a church than he has ever been. He feels the same way that I do. We know we're lucky. We know we're blessed have finally been given a healthy baby.

 I became very overwhelmed with emotion during worship. Someone also shared a testimonial today that really moved me. I could relate. It's all in God's time. We can pray and pray and ask God to answer our prayers and He will, but in our time.

I looked back to this entire journey and it didn't matter to me anymore as to how long we had been trying, or that we had to receive ART to get us pregnant. I am just happy. Just. plain. happy.

The next 11 days are going by very slowly. We can't wait to see this baby and hear the heartbeat. The days of "not feeling pregnant" make it seem even longer. I'm praying for peace, and for a sign that He is taking care of our little one and that I have nothing to worry about.

Please continue to pray for our growing baby. Thank you so, so much!

2 comments:

  1. My faith is such an important part of who I am. Although I don't like to see people struggle, I am glad this journey has brought you closer to God. It may have been His purpose all along! I've been praying that you're at peace and that your Little Bean is growing stronger and bigger everyday! By the way, being overwhelmed by emotions is another sign of pregnancy! ;) Love you! Kim

    ReplyDelete