A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Most Beautiful Sound I Have Ever Heard....

Nick and I woke up around 6AM today to start our adventure. We were silent getting ready, occasionally a rub on the arm as we passed each other and a, "Baby, I'm scared."

We stopped by my school to say good morning to my students and make sure the sub was ready for my eager bunch!

We got to Dr. Figge's office around 8:45. As we walked through the doors, the tears began. This was the milestone that seemed so far away. I said a quick prayer after checking in. Nick held my hand as we sat down.

I looked to the woman siting next to her husband across from us. Our eyes met, and we both exchanged a sympathetic look. We both know what's going on. We both have a story, a struggle. We may have different stories to share, but we shared the same goal.

The nurse, "K" (who I LOVE and did our IUI) opened the door and called us back. She smiled a big smile and said, "Are you ready!!!!???"

I used the restroom. I know I could leave this detail out, but I really had to go and it was my chance to get in another prayer to God before we started.

I met Nick and our wonderful ultrasound tech in the room, stripped down and got into position. (I'm a pro at this now.) 

I have a six minute video that I'll post as soon as I can get it from Nick's cell. It shares our entire experience. I wanted this so we could show our baby just how much we wanted him/her!

The tech began showing me the "small" but oh-so-important parts. She showed me my cervix. As she was moving around, I saw a little black bean-my uterus. I immediately began to worry. We were so close to seeing if a baby was in there, and if the baby had a beating heart. She then stopped at my uterus and there I saw the most beautiful, fuzzy blob I have every seen. Our baby. I began to cry and started praying out loud, "Please God, let there be a heartbeat, please God." The tech zoomed in and started telling me that they wanted to see the fetal pole, gestational sac, yolk sac, etc. I quickly made a checklist as she was going through. I couldn't stop crying. Each and every part to my baby was there. As she was doing this, I saw movement and a small "flashing light." I immediately cried, "IS THAT THE HEART?" The tech just smiled a very large smile, zoomed in again, and said, "Yes....nice and strong. Let's see. 129 beats! That's great! We want it to be 100 or more." Nick and I were so filled with emotion. I cried and cried, thanking God over and over again. The tech started laughing and said, "Do you want to hear your baby's heart?" "YES!" She then did her thing and gave us the most beautiful display of an early Christmas present I could have ever asked for....a solid 7w1d baby, showing his/her beautiful beating heart sound of 129 beats. It was the most beautiful experience I have ever had.

This tiny blueberry has a heart and it's beating for us. This amazing little miracle is safe and growing inside of me.

I turned to look at Nick, kissed him, told him I loved him, and just stared at his face. He displayed the happiest, relieved, and loving look I have ever seen. He is just as in love as I am. Our angel in Heaven and looking down on us and protecting his little brother or sister.

Words cannot describe the feeling that I have inside of me. I am so thankful. I cannot say this enough. I appreciate each and every one of our family, friends, blog followers, etc for the gift you have given us. Someone told me I was one of the strongest people that have ever known. This isn't true. I allowed fear to overcome me and I worried. It is my husband, family, friends and the support and prayers that keep me going. I can't keep it all together some days. It is then that I have all of you being strong when I can't. It's all of you being positive when I am too afraid to show it. We have a long way to go, and I accept that. Today marks a very important milestone. Our baby is alive and growing.

We go back to Dr. Figge on January 3rd for our 9 week ultrasound. (I feel spoiled that I may get to see our baby again.) If all goes well there, I get to "graduate" and move on to a regular OB. It's bittersweet. I have an attachment to Dr. Figge and his staff, but I'm also happy to know that I can be handled in a "regular setting" now.

Our job is to find an OB between now and January 3rd. We have one already and I do love him. How do you pick the best doctor for your labor and delivery? It's tough! I love Dr. Lang....but I am very biased about small town healthcare. There are AMAZING labor/delivery doctors back at home in Lincoln. I just know that when things get bad or too serious, they end up sending patients to Springfield. I worry that Geneseo will be the same way. Nick and I agreed that we both wanted to deliver in a place that had an neonatal unit right there. We want that security blanket. Yes, we'll drive 30min for each appointment, but it will be worth it for the health and safety of our baby. We haven't made a decision just yet. While we take time to discuss, I'll just keep looking at our pictures, rubbing my belly, thanking our Lord, and listening to this beautiful sound! The second video is our entire appointment. I'm warning you now...we're a mess! :0)







Right before we left...praying for a heartbeat!

So happy!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to us!

Our strong baby!!!!










6 comments:

  1. Lyndsey I cried through this one! Still praying for the three of you. Lots of love your way♥ - Whitney G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so happy for you guys MERRY CHRISTMAS =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and Nick! It's a pretty great sound, huh!? At 9 weeks you should definitely see something that resembles a baby. At a little over 8 weeks I saw Bennett's arm and leg buds and he was starting to stretch out. I can't wait to see more pictures of your rainbow baby!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys!!! I will continue to pray for you and your baby, Lynds. Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great Christmas gift. I have been and still will be praying for you guys! Congratulations!!! You guys will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was the most amazing thing I've ever heard!! You know I never got to hear my babies heartbeat and that was beautiful!! Don't worry I cried with you!!

    ReplyDelete