A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

10 Weeks on 1-9-13

How Far Along: 10 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Your baby (now the size of a prune) has small indentations on his legs (soon to be knees and ankles!), and his tiny arms even have elbows that bend (how is that for magical?). Inside that little mouth, tiny buds of baby teeth are forming under the gums. His stomach and kidneys are kicking into gear, producing digestive juices and urine, and if it's a boy, his testes are making testosterone (how manly!). Your baby's growth is fast and furious when you are 10 weeks pregnant. He or she is nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled (even with all the time it spends in water). In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Bones and cartilage are forming, and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The arms (complete with elbows) can flex already, but don't run to the store for a baseball bat just yet. Though your baby's arms are taking shape and getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1. The tooth bud fairy is making her appearance this week, heralding the arrival of your baby's little choppers, which are forming under the gums. (Those pearly whites won't break through the gums until your baby is close to six months old). Other systems are go, too. Your baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine, and, if your baby's a boy, he's already producing testosterone (yikes!).



Weight Gain/Loss: Back to weight before getting pregnant +/- 0lbs
Maternity Clothes: No

Stretch Marks: No (other than the ones I have always had)

Sleep: Ok. I nonstop dream of ultrasounds. I am also up with a cough that starts at bedtime. I'll go to a doctor soon if it doesn't get better.

Best Moment of the Week: I would have to say reaching the 10 week milestone is huge for me! Double digits!

Movement: No

Symptoms: I have been having nausea with vomiting for a bit over a week now. Around 9w5d, I had period-like cramps that really scared me. Everyone has said it's normal. Yesterday, my vomiting stopped. I actually ate all day and kept it down. I think my belly is starting to get noticeably bigger!

Food Cravings: I still love my fruits, veggies, apple juice, orange juice, onion rings!

Gender: We're far from knowing! The majority are calling Baby Shehorn a boy. Daddy still thinks we have a girl in there.

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Smell overload makes me queasy.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Anxious, Scared
Looking Forward To: January 14th! It's our first visit with a regular OB. I meet Dr. Raconne and hopefully get to see baby again. I doubt we will but as long as I know he/she is ok, I'm ok!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be:



I have some great co workers (10 week note!)


No comments:

Post a Comment