A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

11 Weeks on 1-16-13

How Far Along: 11 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Your baby (now about two inches long) has been pretty busy this week, growing hair follicles, fingernails, and ovaries (if she's a girl). She has distinct human characteristics by now, with hands and feet in front of her body, with ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of her tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples. What else makes her look human? Those hands and feet have individual fingers and toes (meaning good-bye to those froglike webbed hands and feet). Hooray! Slightly more than two inches long now and weighing about a third of an ounce, your fetus is growing by leaps and bounds when you are 11 weeks pregnant. And so is his or her head, which is equal in length to the rest of the body (don't worry — all fetuses are top-heavy). On the crown of that large head (and over the rest of the body), hair follicles are forming. Fingernail and toenail beds begin to develop this week and by next week, the nails themselves will start to grow (so don't forget to add a baby nail clipper to your to-buy list). Your baby's body is straightening and his or her torso is lengthening (sounds like a yoga pose, doesn't it?). Other poses your baby can assume now: stretches, somersaults, and forward rolls. And while you can't tell this baby's gender by its cover yet, testes are developing if it's a boy and ovaries if it's a girl. 




Weight Gain/Loss: Still at pre-pregnancy weight
Maternity Clothes: Not just yet, but I am planning on ordering some soon! I have added button extenders to my pants ha!

Stretch Marks: No (other than the ones I have always had)

Sleep: I'm trying very hard to sleep on my left side (every book or website encourages mothers to sleep on their left side for good blood flow to baby).

Best Moment of the Week: We had our first OB appointment on the 14th. We heard baby's heartbeat on the doppler. The doctor estimated it to be around 165.

Movement: No

Symptoms: I feel pretty normal! I have occasional cramps and feeling like I'm going to start my period, but it's all normal. I am starting to feel like I'm getting a belly.

Food Cravings: Granny Smith apples, cheese curds, cold cereals, and fresh salads

Gender: We're far from knowing! The majority are calling Baby Shehorn a boy. Daddy still thinks we have a girl in there.

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I sometimes get overwhelmed with smells but that's about it.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Loved, Blessed
Looking Forward To: January 25th! We have an ultrasound to check on a subchorionic hemorrhage I was diagnosed with at 10w1d. The entire thing is smaller than 1cm so they're hopeful that everything will be ok. We're hoping to see that it has healed or stabilized. On a positive note, we get to take a look at Baby Shehorn again! This will be our last u/s until our 20week gender scan!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be:





1 comment: