A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Today's 9 Week Scan: Bittersweet Graduation Day!

Nick and I can't say enough how much we like having ultrasounds in the early morning. We were up at 7:30 this morning. By the time I showered and finished getting ready, it was time to be on the road!

I threw up all night last night and this morning. I started packing grocery bags in the car within the last week because the morning sickness started around eight weeks. It really only happened once every other day or more.  Not anymore...I prayed for morning sickness and I now have it...I'd say bad. And I still love it! I just want to make sure baby is getting all the nutrients he/she needs. If it gets too bad, I'll admit it would then worry me because I want to be healthy for the baby. It just keeps this feeling very real.

I threw up in the car on the way to the appointment. Nick of course died laughing. I cried, laughed, and was mad at him for making fun of me all at once. My face was in a grocery bag as we're passing cars on the highway. It's was pretty humorous.

What could be more real that morning sickness?

Seeing our baby again. It's becoming very real to me.

We got into Dr. Figge's office (after throwing up in their bathroom before hand) and entered to ultrasound room right away. I said a quick prayer and got myself situated with Nick right by my side. Our AMAZING ultrasound tech came in and immediately got to work.

I was in complete shock. Our baby had grown DRAMATICALLY in just two weeks! Our 7w1d little "fuzz ball" (or as Nick would say General Tsos Chicken Nugget) on the screen now looked like a little person! I immediately laughed and cried. The tech pointed out his/her legs, arms, spine, face, etc. The baby is on his head right now and moving! Yes, we saw our baby moving! We then saw the beautiful flashing white light and got the measure of our little one's heart. 180 beats! The baby measured exactly what I am today...9 weeks and 1 day.

Relief and love came over me. I don't think I'll every fully relax. What mother does? I can say that I am feeling better and better with every milestone.

After we got to visit with baby, our tech printed our pictures and told us another doctor would be looking at all of our data and decide from there.

We sat in one of the office rooms and in came one of my favorite nurses. "You get to graduate!" I immediately wanted to cry. It's so bittersweet. The team that has helped me get where I am today is now sending me on my way. I have graduated from the care of a reproductive endocrinologist and will now go to a regular OB. We went over the current medications that I'm taking: prenatal vitamins, Levothyroxine, and Metformin. She told me to stop the Metformin if the medication was only used to help with fertility. I told her I was pretty sure even though I'm not diabetic, I have insulin resistance. She then told me to stay on it until I meet Dr. Raconne. She'll have the final say. The nurse did tell me that if I DO have the insulin resistance, there's a great chance that I'll have gestational diabetes. I knew that would be a struggle. I will just have to cross that if and when it comes.

I was given a packet of pregnancy do's and don'ts and my files to give Dr. Raconne. I will be doing some lab work for Dr. Raconne tomorrow and we have our first appointment with her at 9:00AM on January 14th! I will be 10w5d then!

Thank you for the prayers and please keep them coming! We are so happy, so blessed, and holding on to hope and faith that this WILL be our take-home baby!

I hope you enjoy the video as much as we do! (It's sideways so you'll have to tilt your head to the far left!) God bless you!











8 comments:

  1. I had gestational diabetes it wasn't bad at all! Just eat a bit different! I lost weight when they put me on the diet but Bentley still grew in there! Sometimes if it's bad enough I think they give you meds but I just was on a diet of sorts! They said that since I was a bigger girl that it was okay to lose weight! And like you said every mommy worries from day 1, so you're normal!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaila! This makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had GD with Devin. Not bad - and if changing your eating habits don't keep it under control - you can do insulin. I was able to control it with diet - but not all can. Love the picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) That little one is perfect! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw our Mcnugget and cried. I hoope you know how happy I am for you and Nick. I hope you realized you kept saying he in the video. lol I know all the emotions you are feeling as you know I've been there. This is your miracle Nick and Lyndsey. Love unconditionally and expect nothing. I didn't have GD, but have friends that have and like the others said, controlled it with diet. Also, where was my text saying baby Mcnugget was swimming??? lol Love ya both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyndsey I have Insulin Resistance and everyone kept telling me "You will have GD, just deal with it." Guess what! I didn't! Infact, when they tested me, my OB walked in with a donut and said my sugar was so low he wanted me to eat that right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burch, did you stay on Metformin? Thank you ladies for all the reassurance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go mama!!!!! I am so happy for you both! I was thinking about you all day, wondering how the appointment went! Yea!!!! S/he is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete