A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

19 Weeks on 3-13-13

How Far Along: 19 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? Well, that's what your baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt (she's about a half pound in weight and six inches long) and a substance called vernix caseosa. This greasy white stuff covers your baby's skin, protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid. (Without it, she'd look totally wrinkled as she entered the world.) The vernix sheds as delivery approaches, though some babies still sport a bit of the coating at birth. Learn more about your baby in week 19 and a baby’s protective coating. Six inches long this week and about eight ounces in weight, your baby is the size of a large mango. Your little action figure is able to choreograph Matrix-like moves at 19 weeks pregnant. Arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. All these upgrades combine to give your baby more control over limb movements. Which explains all that kicking, stretching, and bodysurfing (or rather bellysurfing) you've possibly started feeling by now. Something else going on this week: Your baby is getting a cheesy varnish. Say what? Yup — a protective substance called vernix caseosa (vernix is the Latin word for varnish; caseosa is cheese) now covers your baby's skin. It's greasy and white and is made up of lanugo (that downy hair), oil from your baby's glands, and dead skin cells. This waxy "cheese" may not sound too appetizing or attractive, but it's there for good reason: Vernix protects your baby's sensitive skin from the surrounding amniotic fluid. Without it, your baby would look very wrinkled at birth (sort of what you'd look like if you soaked in a bath for nine months). Some babies — especially those born early — will still be covered with vernix at the delivery, so you might get a look at your baby's first anti-wrinkle cream."


Weight Gain/Loss: +14lbs
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing pants and I don't think I "need" tops, but I have been wearing them because they're comfy and because I'm PREGNANT! :0) 

Stretch Marks: Some of my old ones are turning red again and I have a tiny start of some at the top (front and center) of my belly.  

Sleep: I have been tossing and turning a lot in the last few days. One night (3-11-13) I woke up around 3AM with terrible round ligament pain. It was painful but it's reassuring knowing that my baby is growing!

Best Moment of the Week: We had a great OB appointment on 3-11-13. Our OB said the baby was showing off with all his/her kicks and moves. It's so comforting. 

Movement: I'm still having very few and far in between moments of feeling baby very quickly. It's usually a quick poke or a quiver that I feel. My OB said that most movement is consistent and very noticeable at 24 weeks. I still have some time before I worry.

Symptoms: I have sore back and neck, round ligament pain, sore breasts, and an appetite of a trucker, growing belly, and waking up to pee in the middle of the night.

Food Cravings: I still love my fruits! I have been wanting hot and hearty meals lately.

Gender: I still think it's a boy and Daddy still thinks girl. I'm starting to wonder if Daddy is right! We'll know in a matter of days!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Loved, Blessed, Nervous
Looking Forward To: I'm eager for our anatomy scan in the next several days! We're going to find out if our little one is Josselyn Love or Gavin Nicholas. I'm also nervous because I obviously want everything to be great in there!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 






1 comment:

  1. Definitely looking pregnant now sister!!! :-) love ya.

    ReplyDelete