A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Monday, March 11, 2013

Today's OB Appointment...

18w5d

18w5d
I had a 4:00 OB appointment today. Nick was able to go to the appointment with me because he's temporarily on days! It's so nice to have him back home with me! I have gained 4lbs since the last visit. They said that was great, although I was nervous that it was too much. Our doctor came in and did the routine business. I expressed a few of my concerns, one of which was last night. I woke up in pain. I didn't panic too much because it felt like the round ligament pain but on steroids. I had such a crazy pulling and aching in my belly. It had me tossing and turning all night. I couldn't get comfortable because no matter how I moved, the pain and stretching was there. I don't mind the pain at all if it means that the baby is doing great. I have always explained to God that I would never complain during this pregnancy because I once cried and begged God to let me experience what it felt like to be a mother. This is it and I'm embracing all of it. :0) My OB wasn't concerned. She told me that I'm entering the stage in the pregnancy where it starts to get a little uncomfortable. I also asked her about my belly. I of course want a huge baby bump. Why wouldn't I? I was worried that my belly wasn't baby and just a bunch of new fat that I was putting on. I guess a part of me still can't believe that our dream is coming true. She looked at my belly and felt around today. My uterus is just above my belly button and she said that should be enough for me to trust that this belly is all baby in there! It was music to my ears! Our little boy or girl is growing so fast! She told me that it's very normal to still have few and far in between movements from baby. She noted that I will consistently feeling our baby by 24 weeks. Our next appointment is just around the corner. We'll soon know if this baby is Josselyn Love, or Gavin Nicholas.

Please continue to pray with us! I'm so excited for our scan and I'm also nervous. Please pray that everything is well developed, functioning, healthy, and happy! Holding our little one in our arms is just around the corner. We are doing it! Thank you, thank you, thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment