Guess what? Nick
and I were sneaky and moved our anatomy scan from the 25th to TODAY so
that we could share with our family in person this weekend, rather than
Skype. The most perfect day of our life...We're
happy/blessed/proud/crazy in love to announce our beautiful, 15oz,
healthy baby boy! Thank you for
the prayers and support!
We didn't sleep very well the night before. I deactivated my FB before bed to ensure the surprise remained a surprise. It also kept me from spilling the beans myself! We wanted to get to bed early so that we'd get to the scan faster, but we knew we wouldn't sleep. We decided to stay up late so that we'd sleep through the night ha! It was a sight seeing us so ridiculously eager.
My alarm was set for 7:30 but I was up by 6:45 (imagine that). I decided there was no point of trying to sleep, and started getting ready.
We arrived to the OB clinic about fifteen minutes before our scan. We got in right away, even though the fifteen minutes seemed like an eternity!
As soon as I was on the table, our baby was brought on the screen! They're so quick! He was breech, head facing my heart and his rump to the front of my belly. He was definitely NOT in the ideal position. He even had his legs crossed.
The teach asked us if we wanted to know what we were having and we said, "YES!" She then shared that he was far from a position for her to see so she started with measurements first. It was truly amazing to watch her expertise. She was fast, confident, and shared every little part of our baby with us. They measure EVERYTHING! Once she arrived to the heart measurements, she realized his heart was being blocked by my belly button, unable to get a good shot of it. She had me roll to my side to try to move him. He did the opposite of what she was hoping for ha! She jiggled the wand around and tried so hard to get her shots. He finally moved and she said, "Well I can tell you what it is!"
Nick and I have watched enough YouTube videos to know what to look for. I instantly said, "It's a boy, isn't it!" The tech smiled and said, "You're right!"
Nick instantly started laughing as I began to cry tears of joy. It obviously didn't matter to us what we were having, but something about knowing the gender is emotional. You learn so much about your little one and the changing life we'll live. We could now give our miracle a name, shop specifically, and we could talk about "him" and his upcoming future.
After getting the cry out, I sat back, soaked in the news, and thanked God while the tech labeled every perfect part of our sweet baby boy. She also noted that he was in the 63rd percentile, with a weight of a whopping 15oz. I thought maybe he was too big because I was overweight or eating too much, but she said that this was very good and had nothing to do with me. The baby is growing just right!
I loved watching his jerks, kicks, bounces, etc. I also learned that the placenta is placed on the wall closest to my belly button, an anterior placenta. This is normal, as the placenta can grow a few places, but due to its location, I won't feel kicks as well as I think I should due to the cushioning between my belly wall and the jabs. Read about it here --> http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/anterior-placenta.aspx#. He is absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to meet our son.
Our son...I love the sound of that.
Enjoy the pictures below, as well as the reveal videos!
| Off to the appointment...is it a Baby Josselyn or Baby Gavin cooking in there? |
| Off to the appointment...is it a Baby Josselyn or Baby Gavin cooking in there? |
| Loving my bump at 20w2d! |
| This is what we passed out to our family! |
| Profile of Gavin |
| Profile of Gavin... |
| Gavin's boy parts! |
| Our beautiful boy! |
| His little foot! |
| It looks like he is smiling at us! |
| It looks like he's smiling at us! |
LOVE!
ReplyDelete