Today was another wonderful appointment! Our OB said that the scan from last week looked great. I gave her a list of questions/concerns, which included
1) The tech said my placenta was anterior. I know this is normal, but could it make labor tricky? I read that c-sections can be scary if the placenta is in the way.
The OB said there was nothing to worry about. She said the only stinky thing about my placenta is that it will be harder to feel the earlier kicks.
2) The tech noted that our boy is 15oz. Are you sure that's ok?
YES! Even thought he's a big boy, he's still in the normal range!
3) Am I too big?
I have gained 17lbs as of today. I'm still in the normal weight gain range, but now at the higher end of normal. I must keep doing what I'm doing or make sure to really limit any junk that I do let myself eat.
I was told that I'd start to experience Braxton Hicks now. I worried that I wouldn't recognize a contraction. She told me that my whole stomach will get hard for 30-60 seconds. If I have more than three in an hour, I must call the doctor.
She also told me that around 24 weeks, we'd start talking about kick counts.
Everything is looking good! I go back to my OB in four weeks.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the prayers! Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment