One of my biggest fears was never knowing what it felt like to feel a baby move inside of me. I feared that I'd never be able to see my stomach move and stare at it in awe with my husband.
I had a bunch of weird little feelings in my belly at work today, really noticing them during a staff meeting at work. I wanted to cry, jump for joy, even announce it. I KNEW this was more than just the "maybe butterflies." I was feeling baby kicks or turns...something more than just light flutters.
This evening, I was feeling it again. I decided to get our doppler out, just to hear the kicks because I had a feeling we'd hear them, even if I couldn't feel all of them.
As soon as I put the doppler on our baby, I had a beautiful and strong heart beat rhythm sweetly interrupted by our wild child in there. :0) You'll here the first kick about 28 seconds into the video. The doppler was full of "blowouts" and "twirls." I felt a few of the jabs with the blowouts. The video shows the determination we have ha! Daddy likes to light poke or jiggly my belly to get baby going. It's almost like the baby is jabbing back because he/she doesn't like it. He/she probably doesn't! :0) I know that baby is protected in there so I'm not too worried about Daddy's instigating actions.
Once we put the doppler down, we decided to try our luck and watch my stomach. Sure enough about three minutes into it we had a nice jab with a "maybe that was movement on my belly." We watched another minute and Nick and I simultaneously shared excitement. We both saw my belly poke out near my belly button. I instantly began to cry again.
This has been a dream for the last two years. I never knew if I would get to experience this part of motherhood. I'm so thankful for our answered prayers. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support and prayers. Please know that two people on this planet are currently feeling the happiest moment right now.
I think it's time to lay down again! Bless you!
To my fellow FF (Fertility Friend) buddies, please know I'm still here, still praying and still fighting with you!
Love it :)
ReplyDelete