A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

24 Weeks on 4-17-13

How Far Along: 24 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet. Learn more about your body in week 24 and fetal hearing.
Your baby weighs more than a pound and a half right now and sports a crown-to-rump length of about eight and a half inches (standard letter size!). Wondering what (and who) your baby will look like?  If you had a baby cam at 24 weeks pregnant, you'd almost be able to tell by now.  That beautiful face (though still tiny) is almost fully formed.  What's still missing from the picture is the fat that will be piled on under baby's skin.  Until those fat deposits are made, that very tender skin is still very transparent, which means a close look would let you see clear through to all the organs, bones, and blood vessels. Fortunately, that see-through look won't last much longer. Babies at this stage of fetal development are gaining about six ounces each week — with much of that gain coming from fat, in addition to growing organs, bones, and muscle.
What's been playing on your little rocker's stereo system these days?  All kinds of sounds can be heard by your baby in your womb: from air exhaling from your lungs (deep breath now), those gastric gurgles produced by your stomach and intestines, your voice and your partner's (which your baby will be able to recognize at birth), and even very loud sounds such as honking horns, barking dogs, or a wailing fire truck."



Weight Gain/Loss: +20lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants all the time now and mostly maternity tops. 

Stretch Marks: Some of my old ones are turning red again and I sprouted new ones. They're on the sides of my stomach, the lower part of my belly, and a few on my hips. Oh boy! :0) 

Sleep: I am not sleeping the best. I'm up several times at night to pee and I do toss and turn. I have been having the strangest dreams!

Best Moment of the Week: Gavin is moving more. My belly is moving in bigger ways. I feel him when I first wake up, a few hours later, around lunch time, and a bit after dinner, right before bed. I love him so much! Nick is feeling him from the outside too!

Movement: Yes! I feel him more and more throughout the day and at night. I LOVE HIM!

Symptoms: Growing belly, nonstop peeing, sore back, officially noticed colostrum leaking a few days ago (had a minor fit because I was so confused), and holy leg cramps ha!
Food Cravings: FRUIT! 

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Anxious, Eager
Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery painted soon, our next OB appointment (April 23rd), even bigger belly.
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 


No comments:

Post a Comment