A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

28 Weeks on 5-14-13

How Far Along: 28 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already (what do you suppose he's dreaming about?). Learn more about your baby this week and fetal brain activity. Are you dreaming about your baby? At 28 weeks pregnant, your baby may be dreaming about you, too. Brain wave activity measured in a developing fetus shows different sleep cycles, including the rapid eye movement phase, the stage when dreaming occurs. By now, your baby, who weighs in at about two and a half pounds and stands — or rather lies — at almost 16 inches (measured head to toe) has added blinking to his or her growing bag of tricks. (Outside in the real world, blinking is necessary to help keep foreign objects out of the eyes.) Other impressive new talents being added to your baby's roster in the womb include coughing, more intense sucking, and, perhaps most important, better breathing. Of course, it's still best if a baby doesn't check out of that uterine hotel just yet — there's still a lot of growing and maturing to do over the next 12 weeks."

 








Weight Gain/Loss: +25lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants all the time now. Most days I am wearing maternity tops.  

Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over. Some even bleed! Oy!

Sleep: I do get up 1-3 times to pee but once I can get in a comfy position, I can sleep pretty well. Getting comfortable to start out is the challenge.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting things going for upcoming baby showers! 

Movement: Yes! I feel him more and more throughout the day and at night. I LOVE HIM!

Symptoms: Growing belly, nonstop peeing, sore back, leaking colostrum, burning sensation in my ribs, leg cramps
Food Cravings: Do you happen to have a Milky Way in your back pocket? 

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out.
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy
Looking Forward To: Our next OB appointment/ultrasound (May 29th)! I'll miss my students, but I'm ready for the last day of school (May 28th) so I can get things ready for the sub and start my summer!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 

This was at 27 weeks and 5 days. I was feeling ridiculously huge in this shirt and had to share. It made me laugh!





No comments:

Post a Comment