It's hard to pick a favorite moment in this pregnancy. I can't decide if it was the day I got + and a flashing PREGNANT on my millionth test, the moment we lost control of all emotions and bawled when we heard Gavin's heartbeat at my first appointment, the first identified movement, the first outfit, or what. It's all pure bliss for me. All of it. I am so, so, so in love with this boy, my belly, my husband, the people who have prayed for us, our Lord, etc.
Today marks another favorite day. Gavin has been moving like crazy for the last three days. This is great for me because this anterior placenta thing really gets to me. I sometimes go a bit without feeling much from him. It drives me NUTS. I worry and worry until I get kicked in the gut. He has changed so much since last week.
My belly is bigger, he is way up high, and he is causing my belly to go lopsided, roll, and push out. Today I was literally watching waves across my stomach as he stretched inside my belly. It was absolutely amazing! He bunches up into a ball and causes such a funny bump on my belly. If I tickle him or give him a little push, the shape of him flattens out and stretches.
I am having so much fun with this little miracle of ours. Thank you God.
The moments like today are what keeps me sane. I started having ridiculous irrational fears that I feel terrible for even thinking about. I sometimes wonder if it's even normal to worry to the extent that I have on some days. It's a combination of so many factors (having a hard time conceiving, losing our first angel in September, having a bumpy start to this pregnancy, hearing others' horror stories on my fertility support group site, being so close to holding Gavin in our arms, etc.) I am enjoying EVERY minute of this pregnancy but I still sometimes have my days. When I get down like that, I just remember to savor every little kick, movement, stretch mark, heartbeat, etc that tells me this boy is growing, happy, healthy, and almost in our arms.
Mommy and Daddy love you so much Gavin Nicholas! We cannot wait to meet you!


No comments:
Post a Comment