A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

29 Weeks on 5-22-13

How Far Along: 29 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "How big is your baby this week? She weighs nearly three pounds now and measures about 17 inches. Though she's getting pretty close to her birth length, she still has to chub out a bit. In fact, over the next 11 weeks, she'll more than double — or even come close to tripling — her weight. And as she grows and the room in your womb gets tighter, you'll be less likely to feel those big kicks and more likely to get poked by an elbow or jabbed by a knee. Learn more about your baby in week 29 and baby fat. At 29 weeks pregnant, your baby is almost 17 inches tall now (nearly as tall as he or she will be at birth), and close to three pounds (a weight that will likely more than double — and may even come close to tripling —  by delivery time). His or her wrinkled skin is smoothing out as more fat is deposited under the skin surface. This fat, called white fat, is different from the earlier brown fat that your developing fetus accumulated. Brown fat is necessary for body temperature regulation while white fat (the fat you have, Mom) actually serves as an energy source. Which explains why your energizer baby feels so…well…energized!  Space in your baby's living quarters is now at a premium, so you'll be feeling jabs and pokes from elbows and knees mostly. But those kicks will be more vigorous than before (and also less erratic) because your baby is stronger and excitedly responding to all sorts of stimuli — movement, sounds, light, and that candy bar you ate half an hour ago. Luckily, your baby doesn't have teeth yet that would need a brushing after that sugary treat, but it won't be long before you'll need to buy that first baby toothbrush! You'll recall that your baby's baby-teeth buds formed weeks ago, but now the buds for permanent teeth are forming in his or her gums as well. And back to those kicks, who's counting?  Actually, you should be.  Now's a good time to start doing a kick count twice a day to make sure baby's doing just fine (plus, it's a good excuse for a rest). Lie down (preferably after a snack) and keep track of your baby's movements. You're looking for at least ten movements in an hour's time (don't forget to count movements of any kind — kicks, flutters, swishes, rolls, and so on)."


 








Weight Gain/Loss: +28lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants all the time now. Most days I am wearing maternity tops.  

Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over. Some even bleed! Oy!

Sleep: I do get up 1-3 times to pee but once I can get in a comfy position, I can sleep pretty well. Getting comfortable to start out is the challenge.

Best Moment of the Week: Gavin started moving a lot more! I am feeling him right away in the morning, throughout the day, and before bed. He is getting so big! I had my baby shower hosted by my co workers on my 29th week! It was an amazing feeling!

Movement: Yes! I feel him more and more throughout the day and at night. I LOVE HIM!

Symptoms: Growing belly, nonstop peeing, sore back, leaking colostrum, burning sensation in my ribs, leg cramps, ITCHY bumps on belly
Food Cravings: I love popsicles! I can't get enough of them!

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out, maybe even turning colors ha!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy
Looking Forward To: Our next OB appointment/ultrasound (May 29th)! I'll miss my students, but I'm ready for the last day of school (May 28th) so I can get things ready for the sub and start my summer!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 
I love him so much!






1 comment:

  1. Don't itch the bumps on your tummy. Use hydrocortisone cream. I had th e same thing and they ended up scaring after I itched them. No good.

    ReplyDelete