How Far Along: 30 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is
getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now (he’ll be
packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next
seven weeks). Also growing daily is his brain, which is actually
starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves
and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body
temperature and turn up the heat, he'll start shedding lanugo, the downy
body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now.
Learn more about your baby in week 30 and fetal brain development. Your baby's height and weight haven't changed much in the past week, but the big news is your baby's brain gain. Until now, the surface of your baby's brain was smooth. Now, your fetus's brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. The reason for this change in appearance? Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue — a necessary change as your developing baby prepares for life outside your womb, and the street smarts he or she will need. Another big change at 30 weeks pregnant: Your baby's bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells). This is an important step for your baby, because it means he or she is better able to thrive on his or her own once born (with a little TLC from you, of course). So it's in with the new (brain cells, red blood cells) and out with the old (lanugo). Much of the lanugo — the soft, downy hair covering your baby's body — is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating your baby's body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore). But you may see a few leftover strands of fur on your newborn's back and shoulders."
Weight Gain/Loss: +28lbs
Learn more about your baby in week 30 and fetal brain development. Your baby's height and weight haven't changed much in the past week, but the big news is your baby's brain gain. Until now, the surface of your baby's brain was smooth. Now, your fetus's brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. The reason for this change in appearance? Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue — a necessary change as your developing baby prepares for life outside your womb, and the street smarts he or she will need. Another big change at 30 weeks pregnant: Your baby's bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells). This is an important step for your baby, because it means he or she is better able to thrive on his or her own once born (with a little TLC from you, of course). So it's in with the new (brain cells, red blood cells) and out with the old (lanugo). Much of the lanugo — the soft, downy hair covering your baby's body — is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating your baby's body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore). But you may see a few leftover strands of fur on your newborn's back and shoulders."
Weight Gain/Loss: +28lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants all the time now. Most days I am wearing maternity tops.
Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.
Sleep: I do get up 1-3 times to pee but
once I can get in a comfy position, I can sleep pretty well. Getting comfortable to start out is the challenge.
Best Moment of the Week: Yesterday was my last day of school. I will miss my kiddos, but I'm ready to focus on all baby now! We had an ultrasound to check on baby boy's size today! They surprised us and gave us a 4D picture of him. He's beautiful! He has very chubby cheeks and is at an estimated weight of 3lbs 13oz!
Movement: Yes! I feel him more and more throughout the day and at night. He has begun to wake me up some nights. I just pull up my shirt, place my hand on my belly, and feel/watch the beautiful show. I will never get tired of feeling my boy move!
Symptoms: Growing
belly, nonstop peeing, leaking colostrum, itchy belly.
Food Cravings: I love popsicles! I can't get enough of them! I have been wanting more sweets than usual.
Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out, maybe even turning colors ha!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy
Looking Forward To: Picture of Mommy-to-Be:















No comments:
Post a Comment