We had another great OB appointment yesterday. Doctor said she looked at his ultrasound pictures and things look great. My fluid level is good, placenta, blood pressure, etc is all looking good. Baby boy is a bit big (3lbs 13oz), but she's not worried.
Because I take thyroid medication (I was put on it by my fertility doctor), it's protocol to keep track of baby's size via ultrasound. We'll do an ultrasound at 34 weeks and 38 weeks. I'm doing OB visits every two weeks until I hit 36 weeks.
I had no concerns other than Gavin's lack of movement that had me in labor an delivery two nights ago. I told her I was at a loss because the kick counts just don't apply to him. He sometimes goes a couple days being VERY quiet. It turns me into a mess but there's nothing I can do. I try the juice, eating, cold water, laying on my side, etc. He won't get going unless he's ready to. I don't mind going to labor and delivery all the time if it keeps him safe, but I also know it can be super stressful. She basically told me we have a protocol with the kick counts. She told me to lower my amount to maybe 8 kick during his most active hour. The problem isn't how many...when he is active in his active hour, I can get 10-12 kicks in just a matter of three to four minutes. He is nuts when he's active. For the last three days, he hasn't been active during his active periods. I will get a squirm here or there throughout the day and that's it.
I miss him being silly in there. I'm hoping he picks up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment