How Far Along: 34 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "What's new this week? Your baby is clocking in at five pounds and
could be as tall as 20 inches by now, and the vernix (the white coating
protecting your baby’s skin) is getting thicker. This week, a boy's
testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final
destination: his scrotum (look out below!). While about three to four
percent of boys are born with undescended testicles, it's nothing to
worry about — they usually head downtown before junior turns a year old.
In other baby-related developments, those tiny fingernails have
probably reached the tips of his fingers by now — and getting ready for
that first postpartum manicure. Learn more about your baby in week 34 and baby gender differences. Your baby could be as tall as 20 inches right now and about five
pounds. Need a visual? Hold a five-pound bag of flour in your arms and
imagine it's your soon-to-be-born baby (cradle it, and you'll only get
strange looks in the baking aisle). Then stack three such bags one on
top of the other (and get ready for some more strange looks, maybe from
the same clerks who saw you grinning and holding that one-pound box of
sugar a few weeks ago). That's how tall your baby is at 34 weeks pregnant. (Now go bake some oatmeal raisin cookies with all that flour!) If
your little doughboy is, well, a boy, then you'll be pleased to know
that this week his testicles are making their way down from his abdomen
to his scrotum. (Some baby boys — three to four percent — are born with
undescended testicles, but they usually make the trip down sometime
before the first birthday.) Your baby's fingernails now reach
the end of the fingertips and may even curl over the tip, making a
manicure one of the first things you'll need to do for your little
bundle."
Weight Gain/Loss: +37lbs...is that even possible from last week?
Weight Gain/Loss: +37lbs...is that even possible from last week?
Maternity Clothes: I'm
wearing maternity bottoms all the time now. Most days I am wearing
maternity tops. I don't leave the house too much due to the heat and hurting, so basketball shorts and tank tops are still clothing of choice!
Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.
Sleep: It's still hard to get in and out of bed. I toss from side to side through the night but I sleep pretty well over all. The only thing that keeps me up is peeing so much! I'm up 2-4 times a night. I also wake up with heartburn in the early morning so I have to get up.
Best Moment of the Week: I had two of my baby showers over the weekend! Gavin is so blessed to have such wonderful people cheering for him, welcoming him, and loving him.
Movement: Yes! My belly is stating to have gliding movements go across and things poking out! :0)
Symptoms: Growing
belly, nonstop peeing, leaking colostrum that's much thinner and flowing more, lower back pain, heartburn, Braxton Hicks, and a brusing feeling in my pubic/pelvic bone area. I feel like my bones shift and move! I feel quite a bit of pressure down there.
Food Cravings: Sweets....oy.
Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out, maybe even turning colors ha!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Anxious, a bit stressed over planning for school and prepping for Gavin's arrival.
Looking Forward To: I have my last baby shower on the 29th by a good friend from work. I feel so spoiled! I have an ultrasound and OB appointment on Monday, July 1st! I can't wait to see our baby boy! We'll then get his room finalized and pack our hospital bag! :0) Picture of Mommy-to-Be:




No comments:
Post a Comment