A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

35 Weeks on 7-3-13

How Far Along: 35 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Your baby is standing tall (so to speak) this week at about 20 inches and continues her steady weight gain (she’s about 5.5 pounds). While she won't get much longer, she will continue to pack on the pounds — including large amounts of baby fat — right up 'til delivery day. Something else that's moving at a mind-boggling pace these day: fetal brain development! There’s a lot going on inside that tiny head, which is, by the way, still soft to allow an easier exit through the birth canal. Learn more about your baby in week 35 and fetal weight gain. At about 20 inches and five and a half pounds (but with about five more weeks to grow), most of your baby's growth over the next month or so before you meet will be in weight (with a gain of anywhere from one pound to several), not height (baby's pretty much reached the in utero limit in that department).  Accordingly, fat continues to accumulate at a rapid pace these days (on baby, not just on your hips). Back in the middle of your pregnancy, your baby's weight was made up of only two percent fat; now at 35 weeks pregnant, that percentage has soared to closer to 15 percent (and will increase to 30 percent at term). Which means your baby's once skinny arms and legs are now quite plump…and irresistibly, squeezably soft. Also continuing to grow at an amazing pace is your baby's brain power. Luckily, the part that surrounds that amazing brain — the skull — remains soft. And for good reason: A soft skull will allow your baby to squeeze more easily through the birth canal. (Mother Nature was really thinking this one through — imagine trying to push out a rock-hard head…ouch!)"







Weight Gain/Loss: +39lbs...oy!
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity bottoms all the time now. Most days I am wearing maternity tops. I don't leave the house too much due to the heat and hurting, so basketball shorts and tank tops are still clothing of choice! Some of my maternity tops are even small!

Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.

Sleep: It's uncomfortable to get in and out of bed. I am up 3-4 times to pee each night. I still feel well rested in the morning despite the multiple times I get up or have to switch sides. 

Best Moment of the Week: We had our OB appointment and ultrasound two days ago. Our little boy is head down and 6lbs 2oz. He's healthy and beautiful! I love seeing him and I can't wait until he's here!

Movement: Yes! My belly is stating to have gliding movements go across and things poking out! :0) He has period of the day that he's very quiet. I think in addition to sleeping, he's cramped in there.

Symptoms: Growing belly, nonstop peeing, leaking colostrum that's much thinner and flowing more, lower back pain, heartburn, Braxton Hicks, and a brusing feeling in my pubic/pelvic bone area. I feel like my bones shift and move! I feel quite a bit of pressure down there.

Food Cravings: Sweets....oy.

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out, maybe even turning colors ha!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Excited, Eager, Anxious, Nervous, IMPATIENT! :0)
Looking Forward To: OB appointment on the 15th, OB appointment on the 22nd, ultrasound and OB appointment on August 2nd (if I even make it that far).
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 






No comments:

Post a Comment