A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

36 Weeks on 7-10-13

How Far Along: 36 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though her digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as she takes her first suckle at the breast or bottle. Learn more about your baby in week 36 and fetal development. Your baby's skull isn't the only soft structure in his or her little body. Most of your baby's bones and cartilage are quite soft as well (they'll harden over the first few years of life) — allowing for an easier journey as your baby squeezes through the birth canal at delivery (and less prodding and poking for Mom along the way). At 36 weeks pregnant, the skull bones are also not fused together yet so that the head can easily (well, relatively easily) maneuver through the birth canal. So your little bruiser (who you've now learned won't be bruising you all that much with those soft bones) is now about six pounds in weight and measures slightly more than 20 inches in length. Growth will experience a slowdown now, both so your baby will be able to fit the narrow passageway to the outside and also so he or she can store up all the energy needed for delivery. By now, many of your baby's systems are pretty mature, at least in baby terms —  and just about ready for life on the outside. Blood circulation, for instance, has been perfected and your baby's immune system has matured enough to protect him or her from infections outside the womb. Other systems, however, still need a few finishing touches. Once such notable example: digestion — which actually won't be fully mature until sometime after birth. Why's that? Inside his or her little gestational cocoon, your baby has relied on the umbilical cord for nutrition, meaning that the digestive system — though developed — hasn't been operational. So your baby will take the first year or two to bring that system up to speed"

Weight Gain/Loss: +41lbs...I'm in trouble!
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity bottoms all the time now. Most days I am wearing maternity tops. I don't leave the house too much due to the heat and hurting, so basketball shorts and tank tops are still clothing of choice! Some of my maternity tops are even small!

Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.

Sleep: It's uncomfortable to get in and out of bed. I am up 3-4 times to pee each night. I still feel well rested in the morning despite the multiple times I get up or have to switch sides. 

Best Moment of the Week: We are going to finish up our hospital bag this week!

Movement: Yes! My belly is stating to have gliding movements go across and things poking out! :0) He has period of the day that he's very quiet. I think in addition to sleeping, he's cramped in there.

Symptoms: Nonstop peeing, Braxton Hicks, awesome pelvic pain and pressure, fatigue, irritable. round ligament pain

Food Cravings: Root beer floats!

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out, maybe even turning colors ha!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Excited, Eager, Anxious, Nervous, IMPATIENT! :0)
Looking Forward To: OB appointment on the 15th, OB appointment on the 22nd, ultrasound and OB appointment on August 2nd (if I even make it that far).
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 






No comments:

Post a Comment