How Far Along: 37 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby,
even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing —
in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age,
the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little
crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though
he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which
you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy
rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to
get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to
prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side
to side. Learn more about your full-term baby in week 37. With just three more weeks to go and at about six and a half pounds
(though weight and height vary from fetus to fetus), your baby is doing
just fine. You can expect weight gain to be about half an ounce per
day. (Boys, though, are likely to be heavier at birth than girls. And
here's a bit of boy baby trivia to back that one up: Moms carrying boys
tend to eat more than moms carrying girls — a foreshadowing of teenage
refrigerator raids to come.) Since your little one is considered
full-term at 37 weeks pregnant,
if your baby was to leave the wet nest this week, he or she would
likely thrive. That's because Mother Nature and you have done such a
fine job. So what's keeping your little one busy while waiting
it out until D-day? Practice, practice, practice. Your baby is
simulating breathing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, sucking on
his or her thumb, blinking, and pivoting from side to side (one day you
feel the tushy on the left side, another day it has swung around to the
right side). All these are skills needed for his or her next gig —
starring as newborn. Here's an interesting fact: Your baby's head (which, by the way, is
still growing) will, at birth, be the same size circumference as his or
her hips, abdomen, and shoulders. And guess what's making an impression
(literally) these days on those shoulders and hips: fat — causing
little dimples in those cute elbows and knees, shoulders and hip, and
creases and folds in the neck and wrists."
Weight Gain/Loss: +46lbs.....huge sigh!
Weight Gain/Loss: +46lbs.....huge sigh!
Maternity Clothes: I'm
wearing maternity bottoms all the time now. Most days I am wearing
maternity tops. I don't leave the house too much due to the heat and
hurting, so basketball shorts and tank tops are still clothing of
choice! Some of my maternity tops are even small!
Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.
Sleep: It's
uncomfortable to get in and out of bed. I am up 3-4 times to pee each
night. I still feel well rested in the morning despite the multiple
times I get up or have to switch sides.
Best Moment of the Week: We had a great OB appointment two days ago. I did dilate a little bit, my belly is measuring 37 weeks, and my blood pressure is great!
Movement: Yes!
My belly is stating to have gliding movements go across and things
poking out! :0) He has period of the day that he's very quiet. I think
in addition to sleeping, he's cramped in there.
Symptoms: Nonstop peeing, increasing in number and strength Braxton Hicks, awesome pelvic pain and pressure, fatigue, irritable, round ligament pain, some mucus loss
Food Cravings: Anything sweet!
Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out, maybe even turning colors ha!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Excited, Eager, Anxious, Nervous, IMPATIENT! :0)
Looking Forward To: OB appointment on the 22nd, ultrasound and OB
appointment on August 2nd (if I even make it that far), and the BIRTH OF MY SON! Picture of Mommy-to-Be:







No comments:
Post a Comment