A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

38 Weeks on 7-24-13

How Far Along: 38 weeks, 0 days

How Big is Baby: What to Expect When Expecting: "Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat (so he can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system (so he can deal with all the stimulation that awaits him once he makes his entrance into the world). Learn more about how your baby prepares for birth in week 38. Only two more weeks (or plus two more, max) before your baby makes his or her appearance. And what an adorable appearance that will be! Your little one isn't so little anymore — weighing in at close to seven pounds and hitting the height charts at the 21-inch mark (or less). As you prepare (best you can) for baby's ETA, he or she is also getting ready, big time. Vernix and lanugo continue to shed from your baby's body into the amniotic fluid. Your baby swallows that amniotic fluid (yum yum?) and some of it winds up in his or her intestines where it — along with other shed cells, bile, and other waste products (triple yum) — will turn into your baby's first bowel movement (meconium) and perhaps your first diaper change. Your baby's lungs continue to mature as more and more surfactant is secreted (remember — it helps prevent the lungs from sticking to each other when your baby begins to breathe…definitely a good thing).  At 38 weeks pregnant, all systems, almost go!"





Weight Gain/Loss: +
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity bottoms all the time now. Most days I am wearing maternity tops. I don't leave the house too much due to the heat and hurting, so basketball shorts and tank tops are still clothing of choice! Some of my maternity tops are even small!

Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.

Sleep: It's uncomfortable to get in and out of bed. I am up 3-4 times to pee each night. I still feel well rested in the morning despite the multiple times I get up or have to switch sides. 

Best Moment of the Week: 

Movement: Yes! My belly is stating to have gliding movements go across and things poking out! :0) He has period of the day that he's very quiet. I think in addition to sleeping, he's cramped in there. His movements have actually kinda hurt lately!

Symptoms: Nonstop peeing, increasing in number and strength Braxton Hicks, rough pelvic pain and enormous pressure, fatigue, irritable, round ligament pain, some mucus loss, swollen legs/feet/ankles

Food Cravings: Anything sweet!

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out.
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Excited, Eager, Anxious, Nervous, IMPATIENT! :0)
Looking Forward To: OB appointment and ultrasound on August 2nd...unless Gavin comes before!
Picture of Mommy-to-Be: 







No comments:

Post a Comment