Today was a bittersweet day. My blood pressure was up a bit, even after having it taken twice. She wasn't super worried because I have always had good reports on my blood pressure. We just have to keep watching my swelling and report any headaches and things like that. This is to ensure that it's not the start of preeclampsia.
Gavin's heartbeat is great. I'm still only 1cm dilated but I'm now 30% effaced. I have been having contractions that are pretty strong for a few days now, but nothing regular or increasing in strength.
She asked me how I was doing and I of course told her I felt great. I do! For being 39 weeks, I do feel pretty good. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have the summer off. If I were working, I'm sure I wouldn't feel only the few uncomfortable things I'm experiencing, but more. I told her my only issue is obsessing over his lack of movement. I was in last Sunday and then again on Friday for monitoring. I follow the protocol and eat/drink and lay on my left side to see if anything changes, and most of the time, it doesn't. It has a bit to do with my anterior placenta (I'm not feeling his stretching/cramped movements because my placenta acts as a good cushion).
The tricks don't do anything and I end up in labor and delivery every time. I don't mind it. I'm being a good mother by constantly checking on his well being, but it takes a toll on me emotionally which isn't good for him. I cried and told her I wanted him out so I could SEE what was going on with him. It's so hard not seeing him and worrying if he's ok or not. I know I can't put him in a bubble and I can't protect him from everything, but my job as his mother is to do the best I can. And that's what I'm doing.
She asked me how many times I had felt a kick as of 10:00 this morning. I only felt two. She wasn't ok with that and asked me to stay for monitoring and an amniotic fluid check via ultrasound. It was noted that he is WAY down there in my cervix so that is a good thing. It explains the terrible pelvic pain I have. He is a bit on the bigger size so he's taking a toll on my bones down there. His little hands were on his face. I can't wait to squeeze those chunky cheeks everyone talks about when they see him in there. :0)
Everything checked out great. Gavin sounded beautiful, I still have plenty of fluid, etc. My doctor then suggested that I have monitoring done every three days to keep my mind at ease. I greatly appreciated it and agreed to do it. I have to go back this Friday for an ultrasound to check on his growth and then the routine monitoring. Apparently I'll have an OB appointment too.
I'm started to get exhausted with the worrying. We are so close to meeting our baby boy and I'm just ready for him to be in our arms.
Please keep praying with us! Please pray for a safe delivery for everyone all around and for a healthy big boy. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow...any time now Mr. Gavin! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and can't wait to meet you!
No comments:
Post a Comment