How Far Along: 39 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "Coming down to the wire, your baby weighs around seven to eight
pounds and measures 19 to 21 inches. Those measurements won't change
much from now on, but her brain is still growing at an astonishing rate,
a pace that will continue for the first three years of life. Her pink
skin has now turned whitish (even babies who'll eventually have darker
skin appear whitish now — they haven't yet developed pigment). Her head
may have dropped into your pelvis by now, which makes your breathing
easier but walking harder. Learn more about your baby in week 39 and how fetal skills blossom. Your baby's weight and height have probably increased only a little from last week (and your overstretched skin at 39 weeks pregnant is
probably grateful for that). But his or her brain is still developing
rapidly (a pace that continues during the first three years of life),
with changes you'll be able to recognize firsthand as your baby's
skill-packed bag of tricks expands almost daily. Heard that
babies cry a lot? There's definitely truth to that rumor — as you'll
find out soon enough (and usually during the middle of the night). But
what you may not have heard is that tiny babies don't produce tiny tears
when they cry, since their tear ducts aren't open for business yet.
While you'll be consoling your crying baby right from the get-go, it
won't be until sometime after the first month that you'll be wiping
tears off those chubby cheeks.
Your baby's skin has now finally changed from pink to white (no
matter how dark-skinned he or she will be eventually; pigmentation will
occur soon following birth). That's because a thicker fat layer has been
deposited over the blood vessels (making your baby's cheeks — both
kinds — pinchably and kissably round)."
Weight Gain/Loss: +lbs
Weight Gain/Loss: +lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm
wearing maternity bottoms all the time now. Most days I am wearing
maternity tops. I don't leave the house too much due to the heat and
hurting, so basketball shorts and tank tops are still clothing of
choice! Some of my maternity tops are even small!
Stretch Marks: I can no longer keep track. They're all over.
Sleep: It's
uncomfortable to get in and out of bed. I am up 3-4 times to pee each
night. I still feel well rested in the morning despite the multiple
times I get up or have to switch sides.
Best Moment of the Week: We had a good OB appointment overall yesterday. My blood pressure was a bit high, but baby sounded great. We had monitoring done since he has been lazy lately. He passed the non stress test. We also had an ultrasound to check on my amniotic fluid level and it was just fine. My OB has decided to do non stress tests every three days to help me stay sane since he's a very lazy baby. I'm 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. Yay for progress!
Movement: He does still move and I love it. Lately his movements have slowed down and it worries me. Everything is always fine and that makes me happy. We think he's just cramped in there and I'm not feeling the small movements he makes due to an anterior placenta.
Symptoms: Nonstop
peeing, increasing in number and strength Braxton Hicks, rough pelvic
pain and enormous pressure, fatigue, irritable, round ligament pain, swollen legs/feet/ankles
Food Cravings: Anything sweet!
Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In but it's getting soft and stretched out.
Wedding Rings On or Off? On and stuck on!
Mood: Excited, Eager, Anxious, Nervous, IMPATIENT! :0)
Looking Forward To: We have an ultrasound sound to check on Gavin's size on the August 2nd, as well as a now routine non stress test and possibly OB appointment. I'm also looking forward to meeting our little man! Any day now! Picture of Mommy-to-Be:





.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment