Today we had an ultrasound to check on Gavin's size. He is currently estimated at 8lbs 4oz. He looked great and has his breathing down for sure! He is absolutely beautiful.
I then went in for the OB appointment. Three days ago I was 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. Today I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. My doctor checked me and then said she was going to stimulate the cervix a bit to get some more progress going. I later realized she stripped my membranes.
She told me to come back for monitoring on Monday, an OB appointment/ultrasound (to check fluid levels) on Wednesday (which is my due date), monitoring on Thursday, and induction day on Friday.
We then went to routine monitoring. Baby boy looked great! The nurses told me that stripping membranes is effective for about 50% of patients. I was ok with that percentage. I had some contractions right away but they slowly went away late this evening.
We'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment